Hi Capa question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Jimps, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    Hey folks My KJW hammer broke so i bought a ZCI steel one. Put it back together works with WE mag but the kjw wont fire. Sometimes i can fire the WE mag then put in KJW and it will fire some then just barley hits the valve. Do i need a new steel valve knocker and spring? Hammer spring as well? The pin in the magwell looks like it is crooked when hammer hits it. It is all together right just like it was just a new hammer. The pin does have some wear on it but the gun is pretty new. Hammer needs stronger spring because it is different spec?

This right side of the safety is driving me crazy when the slide is off it just falls out. was like that brand new un-touched. is that a kjw thing? do the TM ones do that? I bought a steel safety and its worse. Do i have to buy a 60$ safety to have one that wont wobble?

About to buy a TM hi capa to build with the parts I have. Is the black 5.1 the best? I like the way the DOR looks but i think internally it is different, same with gold match right?
    Parts: CC HopUp, CC guide rod & ShortStroke, CC bo2 BBU, CC pinkmood, CC outer barrel, Crazy Jet 6.02, hammer pad. Thats probably all Im going to do to start with. The leaf spring, dis-connector, sear and valve knocker are giving me trouble on this KJW and I don't want to get into that until i get this one working and figured out.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  2. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta

3. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    It was working with the broken one just fine. After I switched only WE mag will fire. Another observation is not every shot seems to sound the same. Some sound like more gas than others. This valve Knocker does look a little chewed up. 20200622_002144[1].jpg
    Was going to get an AM hammer/sear/strut/knocker set. Is that the way to go?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    There is about a 8% variance between Hicapa parts that deviate from TM as the original replacement part. It looks like you are in that world now.

Unless someone has done what you have done...you will have to buy and try yourself.

5. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    TM stock hicapas are nice. I have the TM 4.3. I say just a new hopup and packing is all that is needed. Naturally it’s all personal preference. My hicapa shoots 340fps with .2s. I have a maple leaf packing with a stock inner barrel. With that set up I’m getting amazing accuracy and range. That’s on green gas not hpa

6. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    I understand every build is different and there are endless combinations of parts. Just looking for general direction. What is most likely, has anyone had this happen, what should I look for first?

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    We are not saying every "build" is different. We are saying every maker is different albeit just slightly in some aspects.

The KJW in the trigger/hammer area is not 1:1 to TM as you have discovered. Then having another maker making a part for the "general" Hicapa pool only exacerbates the tolerance issues.

Thus, your combination of KJW (Taiwan) and ZCI (Hong Kong) parts is the "first" I have ever heard of this combination and thus you will be educating us on where it works or not.

yrutimid and aotsukisho like this.
  8. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Active Member

I do not have any direct experience with KJW Hicapas but I do know that KJW and WE are not interchangeable in the Glocks, my KJW mag does not work at all in my WE G19 but will work in my Marui G19. I ran a ton of ZCI parts in my WE Hicapa so if the transitive property holds then they will not be a good fit in the KJW Hicapa either.

My WE Hicapa and M14 valve knockers are deformed in similar manner to the one in your photo but both of mine still work great.

Gold Match is mostly if not completely compatible with 5.1 stuff, DOR is not - I know for sure the blowback housing is different to accommodate the optic cut. Check out KnucklesGSM on youtube for information like this.

Also, might want to keep all your Hicapa stuff in a single thread so we aren't forced to crossreference multiple different ones trying to help.

9. yrutimid

yrutimid Active Member

Phoenix
    Agreed. I didn’t know that ZCI fit into WE hicapas. I might have to look into some parts now

10. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    You guys remind me of my dad. Telling me stuff I don't want to hear. Well Ill figure it out and post results here. I got a full hammer assembly coming. Might have to put this gun to the side until factory parts are available. TBH I tried to find kjw parts but to no avail. The ZIC looked the closest, and was 6 bucks so Im not worried about that. Might have to get TM 5.1 black and put these AM and CC parts in it. Then when parts are around ill turn the KJW into a backup drop leg holster gun.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    aotsukisho likes this.
  11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Well, I am dad age...and my kids have been Airsoft Kids...