Hi Capa Tightbore Barrel - Worth It

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by gb65, Sep 11, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

Hello,

I plan to shoot a 1911 style GBB in my basement as practice. If I get a KJW or WE or any one that doesn't include a tightbore barrel, is it something I should consider for more accuracy at 15-20 feet? Will I notice a difference or would I be wasting my money putting one in for that distance?

Thanks

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Accuracy at <20ft won't change much with a tighter barrel.

Heavier BBs and a tighter barrel for targets 50feet away you'll notice a huge difference, but within 20 feet, it's a waste.

3. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

This is a little of topic but I see that you are considering KJW and WE TECH. Take the KJW, it will last much longer.

4. gb65

gb65 New Member

Thanks

I'm getting close to getting something. Got great info on this forum. My eyes are about to pop out watching so many videos about these things.

The KJW Tactical with OD grips looks great.

The TM & KWA MKIV aren't available and cost lots more than the KJW so the KJW is high on my list after reading lots of good posts about them here.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
  6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I would actually only recommend extreme tightbores (6.01) on pistols, as accuracy at closer range is better but worse at longer range. For CQB, I use a TBB in my pistol for shooting those random body parts sticking out.

7. gb65

gb65 New Member

Very interesting. I was wondering if you needed the hop-up for close range.

Do you just put in the non-hop barrel and bucking or do you have to leave some parts out?

Can you turn off the hop-up and achieve the same thing?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012