Hi! I am new to airsoft!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RawrChad, Oct 9, 2012.

1. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

I have never played airsoft, but I have played paintball quite a bit and loved it. I have been wanting to play airsoft for almost 2 years. I started saving for airsoft 2 years ago and finally got to buy a gun this weekend on airsoft a g&g cm16 raider. Will I look like a spoiled kid ( I am not, my parents hardly buy me anything of value over $20 unless it is Christmas, everything I own is either from christmas or I paid for it) going to my first game with a gun that I own? I know I will like playing, I won't care what people think, just curious if you think people will miss judge me? I am 16 by the way haha

A little about me..

I am on the swim team. I love music and listen to music all the time. I love animals! My favorite knife I own is an Indian feather knife, I love collecting knives. And I am a Roman Catholic.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh....No? I'm 15 with a replica worth more than 300 bucks and people don't tell me I'm spoiled (bought it on my own by the way). A CM raider is a modest gun for a starter I would say don't worry.

3. Darksoldier

Darksoldier New Member

Caddo Mills
    Yeah dude you won't look spoiled in my eyes. The kids that save their own money (including me) in my eyes are better. Not that i am beating down anyone who has nice parents. But, like for instance me i have to save for a car and saving for a nice gun at the same time. Plus when you buy it with the money YOU saved. It will feel very good knowing that you are able to do something like that. I don't know these are just my thoughts.

4. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    No, they won't. I keep my mouth shut when I see a 10 year old with a POS $1,500 replica they abuse and their parents obviously got them.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta
    There are 12 year-olds with 750 dollar AEGs at the field that I go to that didn't pay a dime out of their own pocket for their gun.

6. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    ^ This

You can tell who earned their own gun and who didn't.

7. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    You can really tell who paid for their gun or not like for instance, a person who pays the majority for their gun or all of it will love an adore their gun no matter what anyone says. A person that their parents bought the gun USUALLY won't care for their gun for more than a few weeks or so, and usually the guns are more high end and pricey. Now don't go ranting on about how your the kid who their parents got you your gun and this isn't you then sorry.

8. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Welcome to Airsoft Society. Enjoy your stay.

9. emilyee

emilyee New Member

Welcome to this site.This is the nice forum.

10. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

Just because you saved for your own gear don't make you spoilt, if anything it shows intuitive

11. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    do you mean intuition or initiative?

12. SIXX6VI

SIXX6VI New Member

I did mean initiative spell check changed it

13. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    haha its cool just wondering

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  14. RCV

RCV New Member

16 and own probably $3000 worth of guns and gear at this moment. Don't be shy :)

Welcome, fellow Catholic. What music do you listen to?

15. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    I really need a job............

16. MikeyBugs95

MikeyBugs95 Member

New York

I'm new to airsoft; my parents bought my gun, which was about $140, for me but I love that thing. Everything else I have like gear and accessories I bought for myself with my own money or I already had them. Anything else my parents buy for me I have to pay them back.

By the way. I'm also 16... 17 on the 17th

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012