High Cap magazine not loading BBs properly.

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Comrade_Communism, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    Recently got a Cyma cm048, and charged it over night. When I went to shoot it, it wouldn't fire. I loaded it with about half a magazines worth of BBs and wound it up until I could see the BBs showing. But when I load the AK74 it only dry fires. There must be something wrong with the magazine because I hand loaded BBs and it shot the BB. It however won't continue to fire them.

2. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Wind it more. Whenever I used hi caps I always wound them all the way. Until I heard a clicking sound that is.

3. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    That's what I thought at first.

Turns out the little lever thing that holds back the BBs is being bit into by the metal tube.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  4. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Do you have anymore mags?

5. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    No. This was the mag that came with it. I'm going to contact customer support about it. I was planning on buying some Mid caps anyways.

6. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Don't be afraid to take it apart and mess around with everything. They're not that hard to put back together.

7. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    Removed the two pins holding the rest in. Didn't have a small enough screwdriver for the internals.

8. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Just use a cheap knife, cheap one because it's easy to break the blade when using it as a screwdriver :p.

9. Broadway

Broadway New Member

Also, never charge overnight, that will kill your batteries faster than anything, learned that the hard way...

10. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    Apparently your expensive knives aren't very high quality.

11. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    I was smart enough to buy a smart charger. ;)

Ha, I don't want to tear anything up before AMS.com's customer service has time to deal with it.

12. The_Black_Knight

The_Black_Knight New Member

He said to use a cheap knife, not an expensive one, so this really doesn't make sense. If you mean his cheap ones, sometimes it's about all you can do with them because they won't hold a good edge. Although I wouldn't use them for a screwdriver. Although, for a small flathead, I guess it's an option.

Getting a small six piece set of screwdrivers is a good idea, they come in helpful for countless things. Especially the small stuff on airsoft guns.
    http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-66-039-Jewelers-Precision-Screwdriver/dp/B00002X29G

13. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    It seemed to me that he was saying use a cheap blade so you don't break an expensive blade. I guarantee a good steel knife will not break when used as a screwdriver.

14. The_Black_Knight

But still, would her want to use his knife blade that way? It will probably dull it, and depending on how tight the screw is, it could damage the blade. In fact, unless I have to, I wouldn't at all use even my good knife blades as a screwdriver.

15. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    Well that's what screwdrivers are for. Don't get me wrong I would use a screwdriver or most other things before a knife, but would have no problem using one if need be. If it dulls you sharpen it. There really aren't many screws tight enough to damage a nice blade made out of quality materials unless someone really overdid it to the point where you are stripping the grooves of the screw.

16. The_Black_Knight

Agreed, I think he was referring to a pocketknife though, and those are usually thinner stainless steel blades.
    Hence the comment about them breaking. even if it's good steel, it's still a thinner blade.

17. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    Ah, I understand now, I was thinking Gripitilian or some other heavy duty knife.

18. The_Black_Knight

Nah, of course those would hold up to it, good thing we cleared all that up though.