High-cap vs mid-cap

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Elevano, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Elevano

Elevano New Member

Sacramento
    So I was wandering what everyone plays with who uses mids and who uses high-caps. What's your reasoning I have been using mids cause they never mis-feed. What's better, for what situation?

2. GunJack

GunJack Tiocfaidh ar la Supporting Member

Evil Volcano Lair
    I think for extended play, like wars, hi-caps are better. They hold more, and I haven't had too many mis-feeds. However, for milsim, mid-caps or low-caps are usually required. And it does add a certain amount of realism to the game. I like hi-caps better, but that's just my personal preference.

3. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    i only run midcaps. i lovwe not having to wind..and i like how they dont break when i abuse them.

4. Elevano

Elevano New Member

Sacramento
    Yeah same here with the mids but when it comes to outdoors high caps are needed but my problem is I have some cheap high caps what would be some good brands to look into for these. And what mid caps do you have I need some new one that hold some more bbs as well. Any suggestions for both?

5. Elevano

Elevano New Member

Sacramento
    Possibly besides magpul lol I would think any of there product are good.

6. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Mid caps always

No rattle
    No winding
    Not ludicrously unrealistic capacities
    Don't promote spray
    Feed Better
    Don't break as much
    Cheaper

7. Elevano

Elevano New Member

Sacramento
    Yeah good points you have what mid caps you use? Or anyone else? What would you use for a high quality mag thats reliable and durable??

8. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    I use MAG metal midcaps.

9. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    I use both but I think I'm about to just ditch highcaps once and for all. Midcaps rock!

10. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    actually, i also LOVE well midcaps, dboys midcaps...they feed just as well as mag.

11. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

I use Star Green Label PMAGs. 75rds, light weight, durable, feed well, look cool and if they break it's not the end of the world.

12. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    i have some magpul pts 110 rd mids that are great, only thing i dont like about mids is you dont know how many rounds you have left - i actually prefer the fact that the bb's rattle around in hi caps (a quick shake lets me know how much i have left, and the rattling have never given my position away, ninja run ftw)...i have a dboys hi cap and jg hi caps that work fine...same with my mp5 mags (well one doesn't feed too well but i've dropped it on concrete a few times ...i might just need to lube it) other than that i've never had misfeeds or anything with hi caps (mp5 or m4 mags)

and sorry but i have to lol @ hi caps promoting spraying - the operator just needs to learn how to use short bursts

13. Elevano

Elevano New Member

Sacramento
    Are all midcaps just great lol I was thinking about getting more so I was gonna go with a good brand but maybe I should just find out what not to get what should I stay away from haha seems like there all awesome midcaps FTW!!

14. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

People always say that. Fact is I have never seen a high cap user controlling their fire and I'll maintain that opinion until I see otherwise. (that's excluding those guys who occasionally can't be bothered with all the gear so take a gun and one or two high caps out, I mean the people who run around with a vest full of them)

15. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    again, that's the user's fault...i've seen people spray with mid-caps just as much lol (then they have to leave the game cuz they ran out of ammo)

16. echo1 vmg-74

echo1 vmg-74 Active Member

I disagree you with being cheaper, you would have to purchase more than 2 midcaps to equal the amount of bb's you have ready to shoot, also, if you play airsoft, you would have to purchase more pouches, etc. to carry extra midcaps.

SO thats the rub I guess... :D

17. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

I think you're far more likely to do it if you know you have 300-500 rounds ready to rip compared to 90 or so. I don't want to start an argument and I'm going out now. Lets get this back on track.

18. ghostrecon42

ghostrecon42 New Member

Waukesha
    i have only had low caps which means i only fire if i have to. Whenever i do get a high caps i kind of abuse them with how much i pull the trigger

19. Elevano

Elevano New Member

Sacramento
    There's an old saying I think is good for this situation and that is my "d![k isn't racist, a p***¥ is a p***¥" so my gun isn't either lol lows mids highs it's whatever I got or can use but the question is... What mag companies should you stick with who makes the better mags that if you drop on concrete will work when you pick it back up and put it back in and is metals better than plastics

20. Airsoftr13

Airsoftr13 New Member

I use mids for the strict reason of no rattle and I tend to not shoot a whole bunch since my gun is wired for semi only.