High quality beginner AEGs

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Ghengis, May 29, 2009.

1. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

I am considering a DBoys AKS74U V2. All of the reviews I have read have fawned over the steel beast. Anybody here have any experience with it? It seems pretty cheap to be as quality as it would appear to be. I need a replacement short range skirmisher to my (sad requiem) AGM MP40.

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Almost snagged one myself last week. Wish I'd have jumped a little sooner on it, 'cause it was gone by the time I decided to go for it.

Everyone I know who's held and shot one says it's one of the best 74's for the money.

3. Echihn

Echihn New Member Supporting Member

notorious for body parts breaking off... but other than that they are really nice looking guns. Nothing to do with production quality wise, everything to do with metal quality.

4. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

What do you mean? It isn't robust?

5. R.Hallahan

R.Hallahan Guest

at least the stock isn't. I would know, our St. Louis airsoft club SLAP, has over 30 of them among members, most of the people do Russian or us impressions.

6. Echihn

nothing about being "robust" everything about using cheap metals in places you dont normally want to use it. Heck the entire gun is made of cheap metal.

7. Echihn

btw I'm not saying they are bad guns. After all, you get what you pay for, and the price they are, your getting a whole lot of bang for your buck...

8. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

Hmm.. I was under the impression that they were of stainless steel pressings. Is the CYMA offering any better?

9. R.Hallahan

R.Hallahan Guest

it's the same. the guns are good and if they break you can fix them. why do you think SLAP has 30 of them? and they are all like tanks too! the metal just is not that good of quality.

10. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

Oh I see. Okay, so, if you're familiar with the AGM MP40, is the metal about like that? Better? Worse?

11. Echihn

a guns receiver our of stainless? Do you realize how much stainless costs. At most its cheap stamped steel... at most. Heck even the real ak's aren't stainless.

12. R.Hallahan

R.Hallahan Guest

i have never touched an AGM mp40.

13. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Well I've seen stainless buckets over here for £40 so that's like $70. I can imagine a whole AEG from it + Wood... well it would not be cheap.

14. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

15. Echihn

Stainless buckets would also be the lowest possible grade in metal also. Basically the crap stainless.

Gotta remember, decent g stainless sheet is exxxxxpensive, but stainless fittings, chuncks of metal etc can be lower in price. Its the sheet metal that soars through the roof. If ya have ever seen a sheet ya will know why. Its a goldish orangish color in a full sheet. Sexy as hell :D

16. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

Oh. I see. Well, my other option would be a CYMA CM042. More pricy, true, but real wood is always nice. Still, I would need to downgrade the spring. 400 fps is a bit much.

17. Echihn

Yea, gotta have the real wood. The gun isn't worth it without the wood *unless your a blacked out lover...*

Wood kits are what people go for with ak's so even if you dont like the wood, you can get it and sell the kit off for double what it would cost to black it all out.

18. Tacticalairninja

Tacticalairninja New Member

Salt Lake City
    Its airsplat dude, it is a total lie.
    Also a real AK is made of sheet metal

19. Ghengis

Ghengis Guest

Well, let's see. This forum has never failed me before. What would all ye airsofters recommend for a gun that: 1. Shoots hard (hard, not ridiculously hard, as in... eh, 350-380 would be good) 2. Uses durable materials (polymers, metal, wood, tough ABS) 3. Reasonably compact 4. Affordable (less than 130 bucks)

20. Echihn

lol like 3/4 the guns on the market now lol. Clones are generally in that area. Simple choice.

You have many diff guns to choose from.