High quality cylinder heads for Version 2, 3 and 6 gearboxes.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Lefse, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Which manufacturer makes the best cylinder heads for the above mentioned gearbox versions? I've recently bought V6 cylinder heads from Lonex and KA and both had severe production flaws on the nozzle. I'm not talking about slight surface imperfections, they have deep grooves and cuts that causes damage to the air nozzle o-ring and will cause air leakage. So, who makes cylinder heads that are properly made with good quality control? SHS makes cylinder heads, but not for the V6 as far as I know, otherwise I would try an SHS cylinder head.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I very rarely purchase new cylinder heads, as they are very rarely in such conditions that can't be repaired. Guarder has always served me well, and I've not had issues with the Lonex cylinder heads before.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I guess it's just my usual bad luck. I received a gear set from Lonex with a defective sector gear and have received several defective SHS gear sets, so i guess I just have really bad luck. I'm getting really tired of lemons...

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I can relate to that, I just went through a few SHS 13:1 gearsets where 1 set had an 18:1 size spur gear and another one had a bur on the spur gear. Stuff happens. I ended up using the 18:1 spur in a different gun, only to have it strip on me.