High Speed build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by xAirsoftPlayax, Jan 8, 2013.

1. xAirsoftPlayax

xAirsoftPlayax New Member

Evantually i want to upgrade my gun to have a higher rof. Will be upgrading piston, gears and motor. Dont really know what rof im aiming for. I dont know what is a good rof or excessively high rof. Any opinions welcomed. Also i would like to know which brand of parts to buy and any other parts i should buy.

2. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    25 RPS is a pretty well balanced, reliable RPS. You'll need a full metal tooth piston (ZCI or my personal favorite an SHS), and a Lonex A1 with 16:1 gears on a good 7.4V lipo. That should get you to the mid to high 20s.

3. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Well, that kind of varies on the output of the particular 2s Lipo... A 10c 1000MaH might have a little less output then a 30c 4000Mah :p

I'd personally use a clone torque motor with a stronger battery for better response and a similar RoF.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

As long as the battery can put out at least 30A continuously you should be good, but extra "head room" is a good thing.

OP, I suggest you search up some videos on Youtube or something with various ROF's to get an idea what suits you the best. Also look through the other bajillion high speed threads on the forum to get tips for your parts list. Set some ROF and FPS goals, parts list draft and we'll comment on it and make changes if necessary.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    That's why I said a "good" 7.4V lipo, lol. :p But yes, OP needs to throw his thoughts back into this.

6. xAirsoftPlayax

Looking for a piston head now. Should i just go for the ported systema or the speed airsoft billet piston head. Leanin kinda towards systema. Speed airsoft piston head increases rof but lowers fps. I want my gun to be high speed and maybe 350fps. Thats why im leaning towards the systema.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would go with a Lonex POM head, it's the only piston head I buy for my builds now.

8. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    No such thing as a piston head that makes tour gun shoot faster lol. There's no such magical fairy dust parts :/
    Could be "lighter" in weight lol

God. You can use a stock plastic, polycarbonate, or POM piston head in any speed build under 450 fps. Just make sure the piston head is bolted down well.

You can achieve 50+ RPS with a M100 spring. Basic parts. That's "if" you want it lol.

- SHS 13:1
    - SHS delayer chip (or equivalent)
    - solid type metal bushings (please lol)
    - SHS 14 steel tooth piston
    - any stock plastic piston head
    - SHS High Speed motor
    - metal spring guide (if you don't have one)
    - 18 awg to 14 awg wiring .
    - FET to be safe for electrical parts. (Optional, but recommended)
    - All the air seal mods. Gearbox mods. And done

Build will be sub 360 fps depending on inner barrel (363mm and under preferably) And a pretty high discharge 11.1v LiPo (30 amps and greater).

Should be anywhere between 45-50 bps.

An M110-M120 spring will lower the bps a little.

Gun will not be battery efficient. Just a note. Batteries will die fast lol.

9. xAirsoftPlayax

First of all thanks for that list of parts to buy. Didnt know about that delayer chip, seems like it would really help. About the piston wouldnt a piston that doesnt have metal teeth be better for high speed setups? Found a G&G nylon nano co alloy piston rumoured to be "Indestructible". So a stock piston wont break? If so thats good cause thats one less thing i got to buy. Think ill be getting some sort of MOSFET. What do you mean by air seal mods and gearbox mods? Btw never heard of SHS, seem like a quality company. Their parts are really cheap which kind of makes me think otherwise.

10. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    A piston with plastic teeth will strip in no time if PE occurs. You definitely want a full metal tooth piston in high speed builds more then any other build in my experience. Air seal and gearbox mods typically refer to reshimming, regreasing, radiusing, Teflon taping cylinder heads, stretching piston head orings, and gluing the air nozzle to the tappet plate.

SHS is a good company. Their parts are superior to the majority of parts from normal American retailers like ASGI and Evike for a fraction of the price.

11. rich635

rich635 Active Member

Los Angeles
    Actually, "Matrix" is just rebranded, marked up SHS apparently...and I've heard of recent poor QC from SHS. Their gearsets apparently should be avoided now. Everyone's been recommending CORE and ZCI.

12. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    That's why I suggests the 14 steel tooth piston by SHS lol.

I wouldn't even use anything G&G internally (my personal opinion)

I'm giving you what works and what will save you money down the road lol :)

Don't worry, I suggested the SHS parts that will work perfectly :) I've been using/testing them for 3 years now :D lol.

Lonex is the other option, I would use their motors and air nozzles if you're willing to spend a little more

13. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    I've heard those too, but I was mainly referring to other internal part companies (like Guarder for example). They're very high priced for what you get compared to SHS, Lonex, Core, etc.

14. xAirsoftPlayax

Ok so what rof would a 13.1 gear set 14 metal teeth piston high speed motor and 11.1 lipo get you

15. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Depends on the motor and c rating on the lipo.

16. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Depends as said above. M120 spring will yield 38-46 bps. Depending on battery and which brand motor you use. And tech work and mods that have been done lol

17. xAirsoftPlayax

Either a SHS or BRAVO Cyclone motor btw i need a long type

18. xAirsoftPlayax

Got my parts list together. I am just curious about a MOSFET. Not very familar about the specifics about it but i know it will save my motor batteries and wiring. Will i be able to put a MOSFET in my ares g36k that has a micro switch?

19. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    Yeah, and it'll be wired the same way as normal trigger contacts.

20. xAirsoftPlayax

Does the MOSFET completely replace the micro swithc or is it something added to it?