Hold or move?

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by deathbringer, Jul 20, 2012.

1. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

I've heard people say that when they take a position they leave a few guys behind to hold it and the rest of the squad moves up. Others prefer to just keep the whole squad together and push forward.

2. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    What's the question?

3. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

Do you leave men behind to hold a position or do you have the whole squad move up?

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    That'll depend on the importance of the position, the location of the position relative to other objectives, and the observed strategy of the enemy, wouldn't it?

5. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    It depends, normally not. The only time I leave a fue team mates behind is to hold down a bunker we just captured in bunker games, other that that we move together

6. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

Agreed. Ive seen squads spread out all over a field in multiple situations. Not just bunker matches

7. English

English New Member

upton
    Like Knief said, if we need to hold the position due to it being an objective or of high strategic importantance then yes, otherwise i would keep the squad together.

8. deathbringer

deathbringer Member

You all hold really good points.

9. C82

C82 New Member

Only time I leave someone is that the position is a stronghold and is hard to take back from the enemy.
    At that it's only 2 guys though, with radio to keep in touch with the rest of the squad

10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You know you can post all your question into one thread, right?