Hole in the barrel?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jon_wallace95, Oct 28, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Ok so I am new to sniping an my gun got jammed so I opened it up an there is a ported hole going all the way through the barrel, clean hole straight through the side, is there a purpose for this? I'm thinking it may be for an upgrade like a hip up or something but idk, I just switched over from aegs bc I got bored of them, the gun shoots fairly well, but it is losing a lot of air pressure due to the hole in it. Can anyone tell me if that is supposed to be there for some purpose and what I should do about it, my friend says just tape it shut but I'm not sure that will do the trick.

2. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Don't tape it! It is absolutely normal for a barrel to have that hole. That is were the Hop Up bucking is being pushed through to give the BB backspin. If you tape it the BB won't get any backspin resulting in a shorter range.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I don't think he's talking about that hole...

OP: That sounds mighty strange. This is on your CYMA right? Any chance you could post a picture of the hole? It could be some stupid thing that CYMA decided to do with the gun. Just like on some JG Bar-10's they have a nozzle air restrictor. Basically it allows the user to use it safely or some mumbo jumbo... chances are you'll need a new barrel.

4. jon_wallace95

The hole is about halfway down the barrel and it is inside the outer barrel, not enough room for a hop up I think, the hole is big enough for a bb to fit through and is about 6-8 inches from the muzzle

5. jon_wallace95

The cyma doesn't have a hop up, but that might be where it is depending on how big the hop up is

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    So the hole isn't in the inner barrel? It's just in the outer barrel?

7. jon_wallace95

The hole is in the inner barrel o my m24, but it is about in the middle of the outer barrel, not in part of the body

8. jon_wallace95

Like if you take it apart, the hole on the inner barrel is approximately halfway down the barrel

9. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Odd issue... OP, Please do not use abbreviations. 'bc' is not "because". Also grammar and spelling. 'an' is not "and". 'idk' is not "I don't know."
    Thank you.

10. jon_wallace95

Sorry, on my iPhone and it has a crack plus it shortcuts stuff, not my fault, the left side of my keyboard is glitchy and non responsive at times

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well that is definitely going to cause issues. I'm not sure if your gun can even take upgrades, so buying a new barrel wouldn't help if it doesn't fit. Rather then attempting to make this gun field worthy why don't you save up some money and pick up a rifle that can be upgraded.

12. jon_wallace95

I'm looking at the bar 10 but $130 is out of my budget...by $130 sadly

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    LOL, well in this case I would say find a job. If money grew on trees I wouldn't be working I can tell you that.

14. jon_wallace95

Not 18 for a few months

15. jon_wallace95

Friend might be buying the cyma and a decent m4 for $130 from me

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Since when do you have to be 18 to get a job? People in my area have jobs at 16. I guess it depends what kind of job your looking at getting, but if you need money you shouldn't be picky.

17. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    This thread is useless without pictures.

18. jon_wallace95

It's cause my mom wants me to focus on school not work

19. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    lol im 14 and have a summer job working out in the fields for close to minimum wage. i really should be saving for a car or or college but airsoft is to addictive.

20. jon_wallace95

It is extremely addictive, but I got my gf into it so im good, well except for money wise, lol, that I still need