Holo Sight Issue

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Darkrider9, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Hey guys, I run some un-branded Holo sight that I bought a while back for 80 dollars, and whenever I look through it, it's like looking through 4 pairs of sunglasses. You have to get super close and be at the perfect angle to see through it, otherwise it just acts like a mirror. Does this happen to anyone else's Holo sight? Does anyone know of one with lenses that aren't extremely tinted?

It's annoying because I run this with a magnifier and it makes the sight picture so dark it impairs your vision, plus when you flip the magnifier down there's no way you can get close enough to look through it with it up so far on the gun.

2. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Mine is like that too. Don't know why, but you'll just have to deal with it

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    This is what happens when you buy cheap optics. 90% of the EOTech replicas out there are made in the same factory to the same crappy specs. Some production runs, they have that highly tinted glass that you can't see through and some runs they don't. You have no way of knowing which you're going to get when you place your order. So if you can't get to an airsoft shop and fondle the thing before you buy it, you're boned.

The only EOTech replica out there that I know is consistently good is the Hurricane. It's expensive, but it's very nice.

Last point, you're not looking for a "holo sight." Nothing in your price range uses holographic technology. You're looking for a replica EOTech. It'll use the same reflex technology that every cheaper red dot uses, but crammed into an EOTech look-a-like body.

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I don't have this issue with mine but I can't see the retical in daylight because it's to dim :( Making it pretty much useless since I only play in the daytime.

5. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Thanks for the info, I'll look into getting a Hurricane. As for the Holo sight thing, I know it's not a real holographic sight, but its a holo sight replica, and this is a forum that discusses replicas, so why call it anything else? People don't go around calling their airsoft guns the stupid airsoft names, they call them what the real steel gun it's based off is called. That doesn't mean they think their airsoft gun is the equivalent of the real steel.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Because saying "holo sight" is like saying "engine car." It's A) vague and doesn't describe what you're actually looking for and B) needlessly describes the mechanism. There are other optics out there that use holographic technology, so if you go around saying you want a "holo sight," you might end up with some links to Bushnell's page. But you don't want a Bushnell or a replica Bushnell. You want a replica EOTech. Further, while EOTech likes to advertise that it uses holographic technology (because that is sweet), none of their sights are called "holo" anything. It's not a name used in the industry, it's a name used by video game and airsoft players and it sounds stupid as all hell. For the sake of clarity and not sounding like a 12 year old on X Box Live, call it an EOTech. Because that's what you want. You want a replica EOTech.

7. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Alright, alright, you win. Regardless, I wasn't looking for another sight, I was just wondering if anyone experienced the same problem as I did, so I could figure out if I got a lemon or if it was the brand or something.

[​IMG]

8. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I think what you are referring to is what they call a ghost reticle. It's a problem on most replicas.

9. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    Well I can still see the reticle just fine, the problem is the lenses make the picture very dark.

10. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I didn't have a problem with my replica. I bought it from Airsoft Park. I suggest buying a new replica.