homemade airsoft moartor only 40$

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by austinflysblackhawk, Jan 7, 2013.

1. austinflysblackhawk

austinflysblackhawk New Member

I made a air soft moartor that shoots about 100-150 ft in the air and it only costs about forty american dollars. I came up with this simple design myself and I don't want some dude that will copy my idea without reading this to build this. If you want the directions comment and ask for them. It shoots a nerf pocket rocket or anything you can fit in the barrel. The power sourse is a bike pump and you only need about thirty psi at the most. Takes me about 10 pumps with my bike pump.

2. Navy100

Navy100 New Member

Ridgewood
    Can we see some pictures?

3. austinflysblackhawk

Mabie later but as son as I make the scamatics I will personally send them to you. Give me an hour.
    Thanks

4. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I'd be interested in the schematics.

5. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Psh. Bike pumps. Air compressors are where it's at. This is pretty simple, by the way. PVC, various fittings, valve that you can open quickly, and a lot of thread sealant (use the liquid stuff, not Teflon tape). Be sure your PVC is rated for compressed air use and be sure to check for air leaks. It's just like a potato gun or pumpkin chunker.

6. WillB

WillB New Member

Ponca City
    I want to know how you made it.

7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    I'll make a diagram for you guys. Lol. It's not hard..... Just use your head. :D

8. SrgtSeargent

SrgtSeargent New Member

Horseheads
    I made one too. Runs off compressed air as well. Pretty easy to make.

9. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I was gonna say, it's pretty much the same concept as an air powered potato cannon. I built one like 4 years ago..

10. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I always wanted to make a compressed air potato cannon, I just never got around to doing it. I'm sure I could figure it out

11. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Is it immoral to use a tennis ball? And then make it an airsoft cannon? Hahaha

12. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    -_-

PVC pipe, gasket maker, air.

Dats how they doo polarstars rite

Like a tennis ball at terminal velocity will hurt anyone o_O

13. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Not that fast. That would hurt a lot.

14. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    It goes up

It falls down

Terminal velocity=max speed falling down

15. austinflysblackhawk

Make sure to use responsibly. To get fill valve in drill hole smaller than valve and screw in. I added wooden braces around ball valve. You on your own for by pod.

Attached Files:

16. austinflysblackhawk

Here's for all you guys you are all cool. I made wooden braces for the ball valve. To get fill valve in the tank drill hole smaller than valve and screw in. PVC is soft enouph to not need a tap. Use at least schedule 40 PVC. Only fill to 30 psi. I added steel roll cage so if it explodes that catches most of the pices.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO WITH THIS.

All I ask you do to this moartor so I get some credit is paint the end cap bright red.

You also have to cut a little of the fins on the rocket off to get it to fit in the barrel. A little baby powder in the barrel adds effect.

Attached Files:

17. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    I built an air cannon similar to this except it shot lacrosse and shattered cinderblocks. I decided it was too dangerous when it shot a lacrosse ball through the wall of my living room and into the kitchen. This was my fault because I was pressurizing it in the house and checking for leaks and did not check to see if it was empty first. Oh and air compressors are the way to go and make sure you give the pressure chamber a good rap in duct tape in case it fails.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  18. austinflysblackhawk

That is totally awesome. A good way to shoot a item smaller than your barrel is to put some foam pipe insulation, the black stuff, that will snugly fit into the barrel and your item will fit inside. Cut the pipe insulation to the length of your item and then cut lengthwise into the insulation to create segments. When you load and shoot foam and item come out and the foam breaks away from object and object goes flying.

19. antizombie

antizombie Well-Known Member

Schofield
    I have something like that, only I built mine to shoot 2000-3000 bbs. It gets like a 180 degree spread and it goes really far. I got bored once and shot an arrow out of it(NOT RECCOMENDED) it went 175 yards. 80
    I pump mine up to 140 or so psi.

20. Blades

Blades New Member

Why don't you take one to the nuts and tell us if it hurts or not :p