Homemade flat-hop nub?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by xXTacoMcFacoXx, Oct 21, 2012.

1. xXTacoMcFacoXx

xXTacoMcFacoXx New Member

I've being searching all over the internet and i have yet to come across some sort of guide or tutorial to making a custom home-made nub for the flat-hop mod. Can anyone explain to me how a nub can be made or post a link to an existing site/thread showing this? Thanks.

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Just cut up a pink eraser to a rectangular shape that is as long as your hop window. Make is as tall as you can without applying hop on the off function.

3. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Should there be any sort of groove in it to better conform to the bb similar to that of a concave nub?

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You can make it with a concave shape if you want. I don't use flat hops anymore (only r hops), so I just use the m nub.

5. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Alright thanks! Does the r-hop have a considerable performance increase over a flat-hop when installed correctly? I'm considering picking up some r-hop patches when they come back in stock locally.

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yeah, it does. Especially If you use an ER hop.

7. xXTacoMcFacoXx

I might just have to try that out:D. Thanks for all the info!

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    That ER hop is trickier than you think. It involves cutting the barrel and modifying your hop up, so be careful.

9. xXTacoMcFacoXx

Oh no i was talking about the r-hop. I try to avoid doing any permanent modifications to parts in case something goes wrong or i want it back the way it was.