Homemade stock on my lendout gun: Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by ncore, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Ok, please read this before voting:

So, this is not a gun I use, it is a gun I lend out to friends if they don't have one and want to play in our regular private matches. The gun was cheap, and I have had it for a long time. I have done a lot to make this gun look and perform slightly better for whoever is using it by doing things such as adding in barrel spacer to get better groupings, painted the gun to make it look more unique, turned the single magazines into double mags, and I even put iron sights on the gun.

Now, before you look at this stock, note, that it is NOT for cosmetic purposes. Even with iron sights on the gun, it is horrible aiming down them just because the way the gun is. The purpose of the stock is to make it easier to aim down the sights.

So anyway, now to the stock itself, it is made out of cheap materials such as pvc, gorrilla glue, duct tape, and it is painted. The inside is not hollow, and is stuffed with pvc to give it a more pleasant feeling. The butt of the stock is not hard, I put in nice feeling foam so it feels just right up against your arm.

So, here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please think about what I mentioned above before voting. I know it doesn't look very good, but thats not the point. I have a game Monday, and I need to know whether or not I should keep it on or rip it off.

Thanks, also, I appreciate criticism.

2. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    It looks like its made of duct tape. Take it off. I like the paint job and the sights though, that looks really cool for a springer

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Thanks, I need more opinions, keep them coming.

4. m4likeabomb

m4likeabomb New Member

What you could do is get OD green tape and tape over it.

5. commando5184

commando5184 New Member

1HR north of philly
    Just buy one, you can!

Or just make one out of plywood.

6. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Well we all agree the stock looks bad but you said that doesn't matter. Anyway, how does the stock feel? The picture makes it looks kind of flimsy but for all we know it could be strong. As long as its firm it will do for now.

7. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Its pretty darn sturdy. Sturdy enough to run around with it and put pressure on it.

8. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Yes. Just to make whomever you give it to look ultranoob.

9. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

If it performs and feels nice who cares how it looks. I vote yes because it just looks bad. Who cares how it looks if it performs well.

10. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    ok guys thanks for all the quick responses. I snapped the ugly thing off.

11. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Its crossman right? Buy the full stock version, its like 20 bucks. Take off the stock and switch it for the pistol grip. It's just a simple little phillips screwdriver on the back. Looks 10000% better lol. Otherwise, the gun looks great!

12. perthy25

perthy25 New Member

Bangkok
    Nice paint, but it looks shiny. Take the stock off, it looks like it would break off anyway if you dropped it. I was thinking that it would be nice if you did a wire-type stock, like a M14 EBR or MP5.

13. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Have you even read the posts in this thread? He already ripped it off... Not trying to be mean or snything but its good to read the posts before posting, it helps.