Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased the AM brass chamber for the hicapa. After installation I noticed that all my shots were hooking. Inspecting the hop up I see that the arm is not centered.

Bullet Wood Gun accessory Office equipment Revolver

For comparison here is the TM stock arm in the same unit. Test firing with this configuration improves the hooking

Wood Gadget Material property Musical instrument accessory Plywood

I’m considering bending the AM hop arm (or just sticking with the stock TM arm) but before doing so I thought I’d reach out to community to ensure there’s not something I’m missing. TIA.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
The AM piece is not even centered.

Use the TM unit or bend the AM unit.

Remember the mantra...No Standards, etc...

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I swear to you @Guges Mk3 as I was typing this up I was repeating that and "American consumerism does not apply" over and over in my head.

I'm just slightly disappointed because of how much the unit costs and all the hype it receives. I was expecting a bit more. Shame on me, I know.

· Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm just gonna roll with the TM stock arm and the Laylax wheel (cause I have one on hand). There may be a slight improvement over the stock TM chamber but I doubt I'll buy another AM chamber. At its price point it's definitely not significantly better than the stock. I know, I know Guges...but some us need to touch the hot stove burner to learn even though we've been warned it's hot. Asking around on the other forums the consensus has been that that arm is trash. Some folks recommend the ML arm.

I'm currently testing with the following barrels:

• 132mm T-N.T. S+ TR-Hop 6.03 with T-N.T. APS-X 60 deg packing/bucking
  • 130mm ESC Works 6.0 with 55 deg Modify X-Range packing

Using Primary adapter and BLS .25 bio bbs, both regular and tracer.

Both are anecdotally providing similar accuracy (I haven't performed an exact measurement of the groupings yet) with the ESC providing a higher FPS as you would expect. I might give a slight edge to the T-N.T. but, again, I haven't been scientific about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts