hop can't handle speed?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TeamESADS, Jul 21, 2012.

1. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    My hop up works fine on semi auto but the moment I throw it into full I start getting almost no hop at all? What could be the problem? I'm getting around 35rps if that helps to diagnose

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Are you sure its not PE issues instead? Have you checked your FPS readings while on full auto?

3. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    No I haven't, would that tip me off to the problem?

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    compression loss will help isolate the problem. but there's not enough information to go on. it would be nice to know the weight of the piston and spring strength. tappet plate timing affects full auto (including nozzle resistance). i'm going to assume this is a v2 gearbox.

5. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Its an m115/m110? 170% spring (matrix brand) the piston is a black stock g&g piston I had to put in after my SHS full rack exploded

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    what about the tuning? did you adjust AOE? PE will also damage your piston (SHS). if there is resistance on your piston guide, it will cause PE at 30 rps. have you tested your tappet plate to make sure it glides without resistance as well? overshimmed sector gear can rub on the tappet plate. did you also check to make sure the nozzle o-ring wasn't too thick for the cylinder head tube? it will also cause problems over 30rps.

7. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Il check on all of the above tonight and get back to you.

8. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Another piece of info that may help: I was fine with my previous motor and I was getting 28rps, new one bumped me up to the 35 and that's when problems started.

9. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

Are you running a flat hop? I've heard that flat hops don't do well on full-auto and they lose compression on full-auto.

10. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Did you tie down your bucking it could be puffing up and losing compression due to the increased amount of air pressure being applied to the bucking during full auto.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012