hop up issues

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Ninja28, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    I just bought a used dboys scar from a friend of mine and it works perfectly except the fact that the hop up wheel wont turn. Does anybody know why and how I can fix it?

2. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    I'm sure you already tried turning it both ways so hopefully that isn't the problem. The screw holding the wheel on might be over tightened so try to loosen that up and see if it helps.

3. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Yes I tried turning it both ways. Where would I find the screw holding the wheel? Do I have to take the gun apart?

4. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    You might. The wheel you are trying to turn should have a screw in the middle of it that holds it on to the hopup assembly.

Edit: Ignore that. I was thinking of the wrong hop up assembly so there is no screw I can see. Trying taking the hopup assembly out and seeing if they are any obstructions or things that look out of place.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  5. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Remove the hop up unit from the gun and send us a picture. That's are best bet for helping you.

6. Ninja28

Ninja28 New Member

Ocala
    Ok I just need to find an allen key that will fit the gun