Hop Up System

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by DrDanBlansky, Aug 17, 2007.

1. DrDanBlansky

DrDanBlansky New Member

Can anyone explain to me what a hop up system is? Apparently this is supposed to create consistency of accuracy.

2. 2line

2line New Member

It creates spin on the BB. What kind of gun do you have?

3. Rarius

Rarius New Member

Hop up mainly adds range to your BBs not accuracy. The Hop up unit in the barrel of your airsoft gun imparts backspin to the BBs which gives them a small amount of lift, thus improving the range.

Rarius

4. General Lee

General Lee New Member

It applies friction to the top of the BB as it leaves the chamber and goes down the barrel. This SIGNIFICANTLY increases the range. Add a prescision barrel like the ones from Madbull, and you will get a lot more accuracy out of your weapon. The two combined improve the preformance by abot 60% in my opinion. Also metal hop-up chambers are more durable, I am currently fixing a CYMA AK47 that has a busted hopup chamber. If you have a plastic one, upgrade to metal. Otherwise, you're gun might become a useless pile of metal and plastic at any time.

5. dustin

dustin New Member

Have you played with the CYMA AK47 yet? How well did it fair stock?

6. General Lee

General Lee New Member

I have used it many times, and it's pretty good for someone on a budget. However the stock will break off before long if you use it roughly. The accuracy is more than acceptable for the price. Also it's pretty weight due to the large metal content. The reciever is plastic, but the reciever cover and most of the outer barrel/gas system assembly are metal. Rate of fire and power are good. However the quality leaves much to be desired. Important parts will break or fall off after extended use. On this particular one. The rear ironsight is missing, and the selector switch, stock and pistol grip are held on by tape. Over all it's a good gun for the price, and would make a nice backup gun incase you're more expensive AEG crapped out on you.

7. jc_mag

jc_mag New Member

hop up

hop-up gives the pellet backspin giving the pellet more distance and accuracy.:):cool:

8. PeterZatsepin

PeterZatsepin New Member

What's the maximum FPS for a gun. I have Echo 1 Stag Arms M4 custom that is chrono'd at 380

9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    You can make guns fire 800fps (not that you'd want to). There's a limit on FPS, but it's pretty high.

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

You can exceed 1000 by quite a bit if you want to.

11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    By then I would think that your BB would shatter.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Not with .88 steel bbs. People have gotten that high before.

13. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    But that's not for playing purposes. Anyways, why are we posting on a thread from 5 years ago?

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Because, peter over there wanted to know the max fps you can get on your airsoft gun.