Hop up unit for an M4.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Drekavac, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Hello, I've recently been looking for a new hop up unit (Also a bucking.)
    I've searched around for a little bit now, just over a week now and I can't seem to decide. I've seen the blue prowin hop up, but that is only the unit without any of the gears you turn to adjust the nub for the hop up to work, also it's a little bit out of my budget. I was looking at the SHS hop up unit for m4/m16 styled guns but sadly couldn't find too many reviews. Anyway, what do you think is the best hop up for under $30?

2. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Unless your hop up is broken somehow, your stock one will be fine.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The Lonex chamber is amazing. Their buckings are good as well.

4. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Should of have said it was broken, that's the only reason why I'm looking for one.

5. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Interesting, doesn't look too bad. Just to clarify do you think this would fit my G&G CM16 Carbine fine?

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Grab a Lonex one, like I said:)

7. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Yeah it should, IIRC JG bodies are the plastic ones that won't fit one piece hopups without mods.

8. Chigger

Chigger New Member

Springfield
    one or two piece

Are you looking for a one piece hop-up or two piece?

9. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    I like madbull blue bucking, but I would recommend not using the included nubs.

10. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    He said he has a G&G M16, that means it's a 1 piece, fellas.

The Lonex will work.
    The SHS will work.
    King Arms.
    Madbull.
    Prowin.

All will work in your gun, and all (maybe not the King Arms) will be within budget. The prowin and madbull apply hop differently than a normal M4 hop up. Instead of having the normal gear on the side, it's got a rotating gear around the chamber, more like a G36 hop up chamber.

11. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    that madbull ultimate with the blue bucking (it comes with it) or a systema bucking and youll be set

12. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Search the classifieds on this forum and airsoftforum.com . I have come across many cheap barely used m4/m16 hop up units

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The Madbull Ultimate hop up has feeding/jamming issues. Stay away from it. The lonex chamber and prowin chamber are good. Bucking wise, I suggest a lonex bucking, a systema (a little loose on the barrels so you will have to seal them), a prommy purple, a G&G Green, or a madbull blue (only if it doesn't have the fishbone crap). Flat or R hop the buckings and make a custom nub.

14. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Thank you for all the feedback, I highly appreciate it.