Hop up

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Cobom, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    I have two questions

-where can I buy R HOP buckings?
    -what is a good hop up unit?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Most air soft websites, and most air soft websites.

Also prime sells his rubbers to put over your barrel when entering the hop up, for a price of 12 bucks.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

3. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    What does the rubber thing do?

And is reap hop ups the same as R hops?

4. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

No no no no, REAPS is NOT the same as R-hop, R-hop is superior. Don't buy REAPS.

5. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
  6. TheAirsoftTech

Not exactly, it's an IR-Hop, it's essentially the same thing as an R-hop. But, it can perform in colder temperatures better than a regular R-hop can. But, this is extremely overpriced, about doubled to be exact. You can get them from Clandestine for about $12-$13, but, read through Robin's R-hop installation guide to get the best results. Or, have someone who knows what they're doing install it for you.

7. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Ok I went on that site it has very good deals I parts but I'm looking at the ER-HOP will that work with a standard length barrel?

8. TheAirsoftTech

Now, I don't I know a lot about ER-hop like I do R-hop and IR-hop. But, it's supposed to be better for longer ranged guns. Does it work as it should? I don't know from knowledge, so I couldn't say. But, I don't think HS would sell it as if it would if it didn't.

9. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Thanks. I will prob just pick up a standard rhop but i have one more question :p. When it says rhop three pack does that mean it will have 3 individual buckings to put in my 3 guns?

10. TheAirsoftTech

Yes, you will get 3 individual R-hops, but if you're new to this you might get one out of all three right. :p

11. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Oh trust me I not putting them in! The reason I'm getting these is because I ripped a bucking putting it in!

12. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Wait I just did some reasearch and am now very confused. Is an rhop a buckin or not?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Rhops are not buckings. They're little rubber patches that go in the barrel window and more gently and evenly applies hop to the bb than the regular hop system.

14. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    A bucking then slides over the R-Hop... Just finishing what Archer was saying.

Here are pictures of R-Hopped and ER-Hopped barrels to give you an idea.

Attached Files:

15. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Do some legwork yourself.....

17. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    Well obviously I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to hop ups. And I've searched for some answers but I couldn't find any and I always save forums for last resort

18. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    One problem Marine, is that those are suggestions for buckings for standard set-ups. R-hop is a bit different. I won't give it away, but check out Clandestine Airsoft and search around, you'll eventually come to one which describes exactly what it's best at in the description.

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Also, the thing you're looking for in an R hop bucking is that it seals well. The nub inside of them doesn't matter.

Rich, the buckings listed there are fine for both. They wouldn't be in those links if they didn't seal well.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012