Horizontal Pistol Holster

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by joshkizz, Sep 22, 2012.

1. joshkizz

joshkizz New Member

Winneconne
    Hey guys, I am looking to update my vest with a molle one, but the one problem is i like to crawl around a lot. I was looking on evike and i saw a horizontal pistol holster. I like the idea but I don't know if it will get in the way.
    Does anybody have experience with the h. pistol holster?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    What do you mean by horizontal? You can mount a SERPA at pretty much any angle you want using a MOLLE adaptor.

3. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Just get a drop leg, or something. Or buy a SERPA and rotate the screws, and holster.

4. joshkizz

joshkizz New Member

Winneconne
    Ok, does it get in the way at all. That's what I really want to know.

5. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    What kind of crawl? Just staying low, or skull dragging? If you put it to the side, you should be fine.

6. joshkizz

joshkizz New Member

Winneconne
    Thanks. I generally don't get that low.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    See, the problem with that holster is that it's Condor. Condor sucks. What you want is this combo:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcsehomaf.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blackhawk-strike-cqc-ambidextrous-platform-with-speed-clips.html

It'll hold your pistol more securely, allow for a faster draw, and it's far more modular. Plus, it's a well made product so it'll actually last. The S.T.R.I.K.E. adaptor allows you to mount the holster at a number of angles, including completely horizontal. However, most folks find that if they mount it at a bit of an angle as shown below, you get a much smoother draw.

[​IMG]