How could I possibly upgrade my M4?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Frankiiie, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    Ive got a Cybergun Colt M4 Carbine, everything is stock Im looking to upgrade it.
    Im looking for better range, power.. rate of fire, etc. I dont know exactly what there is to upgrade so if anyone can give me ideas, links I would appreciate it.

2. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    Do you want a gun that fires rapidly, shoots long range, or looks really pretty? You need to figure that out before anyone is gonna help you out. It's an m4 so just about every single part has an upgrade out there somewhere haha

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    practice on a drop in JG gearbox or take it to a tech... it's easy for first timers to get frustrated and miss a few games because they are still learning how to put their gearbox back together.

first is to tune it up. clean off factory slime, adjust AOE, re-shim, set FPS to desired level (spring change), upgrade clear plastic parts, check compression and upgrade/mod where needed, and install optional mosfet (recommended).

upgrading battery connector to deans or xt60 and using 7.4v 25c LiPo will improve both trigger response and rate of fire. mAH size depends on battery compartment size.

4. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    I'm looking mainly for a little bit longer range I guess, anything to help it, rate of fire also

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You should look into the Flat-hop or R-hop mod for the hop-up, and consider investing in a better barrel. Madbull and Prometheus barrels are good as far as I know. Stabilizing your inner barrel will also help accuracy. Heavier bb's generally improves accuracy and also range to an extent, you just have to experiment and find the optimal bb weight for your gun.

To improve rate of fire you can invest in a faster motor, a Lonex A3 or SHS high speed will be significantly faster than the stock motor. I recommend install a basic mosfet unit regardless of battery voltage, it's just more reliable and efficient.

6. weaps

weaps Active Member

Brunswick
    Hi Frankie, I own several of the full metal cybergun/Colt M4 carbines. When I got it, it was firing 370fps. with a good rate of fire using a 9.6V battery. The only thing that I did was clean up ALL the gearbox internals, re-shimmed, re-greased, and added a m120 spring to her. Of course, I also fixed up some minor compression issues with the cylinder/cylinder head, nozzle, and complete hop-up assembly. She's now shooting at 423fps. and the stock motor pulls fine. weaps.

7. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas

thanks for the info, you think this item would be worth buying for my gun?
    http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-UPI-DF-CPS01.htm
    Thanks

8. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas

And one question, I'm wondering if The whole outer barrel and front triangle sight is all one piece of the colt m4 carbine? Because I'm planning on trying to take off the triangle front sight, but just to make sure. not too many people own this exact gun so Id rather ask someone like you who's had experience with it, thanks.

9. weaps

weaps Active Member

Brunswick
    A deep fire or better yet a guarder 120 spring would do fine. As for the the front sight assembly I wouldn't know. Reason being I never mees with them and are kept stock. weaps.