How do I adjust the reticles on this scope.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Frankiiie, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3960
    There's a link to the scope, I have a feeling the way to adjust the reticle is right in front of me but I don't know ... really I've tried. If someone who has/had this scope with personal experience please tell me how to do this. the reticle is not shooting where I need and need to adjust it so yea.. if anyone can help me, would be helpful

2. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Disregard my post Alex is correct.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    if i remember correctly. the top adjuster is hidden underneath the slotted cover. the dial below the cover is a drop compensator (imitating real steal). i'm not sure if the side adjuster has a lock ring on it. if it does, loosen it and it should be adjusting the side to side reticle while the top adjust the up and down movement.

the left cover is for the battery.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    And remember, when you adjust a scope, you're not moving the cross hairs to the point of impact, you're moving the point of impact to the cross hairs. That is, if you line up your cross hairs on the target and your bb hits high and to the left, you want to adjust the scope down and to the right. It's backwards from how you would think about it intuitively. Think of it as moving the bbs or the muzzle, not the scope. If you start out shooting high and left, you want to bring the muzzle down and to the right. So you adjust the elevation dial down and the windage dial right.

5. Frankiiie

Frankiiie New Member

dallas
    Hey thanks for the help but, Im sorta confused. Okay, so you're saying I need to take the cover off the top knob of the sight? Once I do, It's just these two little plastic squares.. that are really small. They have a screw into each of them and once I unscrewed them I couldn't really find a way to adjust it. But I'm wondering if you need to rotate those squares to adjust?

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Pictures always help.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    stick a screw driver in between the two squares to turn it ccw or cw to adjust reticle (up/down). for beginners, do a full 360 degree turn then check if your bb's are going higher or lower. then re-adjust accordingly.