How do i remove the saftey on the TM M&P9

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by gr0undzer0, Jan 23, 2016.

1. gr0undzer0

gr0undzer0 New Member

DC
    I regularly shoot an SW M&P. The TM airsoft version has a safety up on the slide of the gun but the real pistol does not. I hear the gun can fire without the safety. Are there instructions anywhere on how to remove the safety?

2. Pres10

Pres10 Member

Dryden
    I did this yesterday, it was quite easy.

Remove slide, then take off backstrap. De-cock pistol, take out the small Phillips screw that's hidden behind backstrap. Punch out the faux roll pin that's at the very back of the frame. From here you can lift out the hammer assembly but be careful as there is one spring that may fall out. Don't worry it's not gonna shoot out as its under almost no tension. Pull out the safety levers and spring/detent. Reassemble in reverse order.

It was a 5 minute job and alot easier than I expected.

3. gr0undzer0

gr0undzer0 New Member

DC
    Pres10,
    Thanks so much! Your instructions worked like a charm. That spring got me. It didn't fall out but pushed one of what I can only guess are slide guides out of its slot. I put the pistol back together but couldn't get the slide on because this "guide" wouldn't push down into the slot its protruding from. Took the gun apart again and got it aligned / got the tab on it into the hammer assembly and bam good to go!

Thanks so much.