How do you clear a room easy cqb

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by warriorairsoft444, Jan 6, 2013.

1. warriorairsoft444

warriorairsoft444 New Member

I was wondering some strategies me and my team could use to clear a room

2. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Grenades. Lots of Grenades.

3. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    Have a couple of people run in while two others, one on thier knee, and the other standing up point their guns in and shoot the people in there, and if possible toss some type of grenade in.

4. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

No. No.

My team does SWAT type stacking. You can look it up on YouTube. Everyone lines up real close on the wall and charges in at the same time. Make sure the people are close together. When you enter (very quickly) First man takes the side of the wall he is on, second takes the opposite side, an the 3rd or remaining go through the middle. People get used to sound grenades, so all that does is make people get prepared for your arrival.

5. cyclopso

cyclopso Member

Ann Arbor
    By the way, when you stack up on a wall do not actually lean against it not bump it, the occupants of the room may hear it and be ready for you.

6. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Good point. I tried to do that with a new recruit an he basically fell onto the wall... Smh. I feel like you are following me... O_O lol

7. GRiMM

GRiMM New Member

Speed and precaution is what we do plus a lot of grenades hahaa

8. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    you guys really aren't helping. telling some one to stack up and enter a room doesn't tell them what to besides walk into a room with other people.

any way...i don't know why you didn't just google or youtube room clearance there are hundreds possibly thousands of articles and videos out there about how to do it.

now when in the stack each person in the stack clears a section of the room immediately.

first guy. clears straight ahead and side steps to make room for the next man.
    second guy. clears the the door way and turns immediately to the opposite side of the first guy (opposite direction from the one the first guy side stepped to.)
    thrird guy. comes in and immediately goes in the direction the first guy side stepped to.

a three man clearance team should be able to enter a room and clear it in no more than 3 seconds (1 second per person entering) max, but even that's kind of slow. 2-2.5 seconds would be preferable

you have to be quick and good reaction time to spot and engage an enemy upon entering the room.

9. Lion_Claw_Airsoft

Lion_Claw_Airsoft New Member

I either use my grenade, or if u dont have one. Stand at a door pr window near your entry into the building an stand their to clear it. If its clear enter, if its not, take out the opfor an then enter

10. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    do not do this. i repeat DO NOT DO THIS. do not do this. i repeat DO NOT DO THIS.

doorways and windows are called fatal funnels for a reason.

i know there is at least one thread on this site already about clearing a room with a detailed original post (i believe the OP of that thread was a marine) and good advice on things left out, etc. search it. i'm not going to hand it to you.

i'll give you a hint. search 'a guide to clearing room'

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  11. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Someone not on the app link to shiftys guide.

12. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

My best advice is SWAT stacking. Speed is key. One split second late can mean your partners life. It is really difficult trying to explain in words, try looking up videos on YouTube. That is way more helpful than on a forum. (No offense, but true)

You can tell the people that know what they are doing. Throwing grenades and peeking through windows isn't a good way. As I said. YouTube. Two people on our team are cops and one is a marine, so that's where I get most of my info.

13. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    ...unless it's a how to video that actually tells what each team member is doing watching a video will only let him look like he knows what's up. which is why i tried to give a brief explanation of what everyone does to be paired with a video and observation.

14. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

15. PwnageTM

PwnageTM New Member

Do like I do, a four man SWAT type stack up. Forst man takes closest corner 2nd man takes other 3rd man takes between door and 2nd and 4th watches door.
    1st person: Best reflexive shooter
    2nd person: 2nd best shooter
    3rd person: Team leader
    4th person: Breach/demo man

16. 5upreme7eam

5upreme7eam New Member

To add to what Dante said, the stack should be on the side where the hinges of the door are located.

17. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    A group of us were doing stacking for the first time on some random buildings yesterday. This can not be done just by watching videos alone.
    Luckly, we had an instructor to piont out all our faults and gave us tips on how to approach different room layouts. The biggest hurdle we had to overcome was teamwork. Each man had the responsibility to cover their point in the room and also react to the man infront of him. Unless of course, you happen to be the point man in the team. And we made mistakes about 99% of the time. I would say that if we had at least a hundred hours to do this, we could do half( if even that) as well as the experts.

bottom line... practice, practice, practice.

18. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Ok first of all OP this is considered a tactic as it is generally a SOP or a tool that you can take out of your mental toolbox and use. A strategy is something more elaborate that most often occurs on a company level (150-250 men) or a battalion level (3-5 companies so 450-1250 men) at the lowest element.

To answer your question I will reference FM 3-06.1 (The Combined Operations in Urban Terrain Field Manual).

When these other fellows mention a stack they are referring to a fire team element (3-5 men) that are in line all with a mental idea of where they are going in the room and how they are going to cover the various threats and sectors of fire in the room. At the bottom there is a step by step diagram of the very basic form of the tactic and how each man enters the room. Notice the last picture and how each man only has a sector of the room covered, but all of their sectors over lap so the entire room is covered by the team.

Since this is only a basic form of this tactic it can and must change to the environment. The question that may get you thinking about how to change this is this: What happens if there is a cinder block column in the middle of the room that provides cover for the enemy?

Attached Files:

19. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    lol if i had a diagram on hand i would have posted one...i love diagrams :p

20. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    I didn't have a diagram on hand, that one is copied directly from FM 3-06.11 and the chapter/section about room clearing. If you right click on the image from the FM online and click save and then edit the picture in paint to a JPEG from a GIF you can post it and save it to a response folder like I do.