How do you identify your mags?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Enickols12, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Enickols12

Enickols12 New Member

Vienna
    I have painted the underside of all of my mid caps white. How do you keep track of your mags?

2. soviet

soviet New Member

Do you work for the UN? I think there the only ones who have white under mags.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

3. Enickols12

Enickols12 New Member

Vienna
    No I don't work for the UN, I had no clue UN had white under mags, white just shows up the best on black mags.

4. soviet

soviet New Member

It was a joke. The UN is noted for using white vehicles, and blue helmets.

5. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Does anyone else know what military armorers use to mark magazines?

[​IMG]

If you look at the bottom rifle, it has red(?) "16's" marked. What would you recommend for this?

6. soviet

soviet New Member

I put tape around the middle of my mags depending what I'm using in them. ( .20 .23 .25).

7. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    All my mags run HailStorm .25g BIO bbs so there is not need to mark them for differences since there are non. I use a double triple pouch so the back row of 3 have magpuls on them and the front row has ranger plates... just easier to pull them thats all

8. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I engraved my call sign on all my mags.

9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Nobody else at my field never really has OD mags so its easier for me.

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Do you mean how to identify your mags from other peoples mags? Well, I never lend people my mags, so that one's easy. I use completely different mags than the majority at my field anyway.

11. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    oh! lol I use a label maker with my Callsign on it so that if I ever sell them it can be removed...

12. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I keep all my mags on me and only lend them to teammates in a jam so I know I'll get them back.

It's just a paint pen. Armorers mark the bits and pieces of different guys' kits with their corresponding number so they know to whom everything belongs. Blue and white seem to be the most popular colors.

http://www.michaels.com/Sharpie-Oil-Based-Paint-Pen/gc1650,default,pd.html

That particular gun case belongs to a Navy SEAL. Yes, it's the epitome of hotness.

13. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    colored electrical tape, colored gaffers tape, paint markers, & engraving are all used here. very handy when you forget to retrieve a mag after a mag change or one is dropped by accident.

i personally have a piece of 3/4" blue electrical tape around the nag just below the mag catch and a strip of fuzzy velcro vertically on the back ridge. both are great for IDing my mags and help with any fit issues between the mag & mag well

14. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Indeed. Its one of the images that made me want an M4.

15. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    My mags are the ones in my pouches, guns, or hands.

Seriously, though, all my AK mags have "Sparky" written in Cyrillic font (Спаркы)

My AR mags just have D on them...

16. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Colored tape around the middle of the magazine. Easily removed if I ever go to re-sell the magazine.

17. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    i have one pmag that doesn't seat in my m7a1 so i sanded the top edge so i could identify it (i've painted them all). but i only use 120 pmags so i don't need to mark hi cap or mid cap differently.

18. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    For the win. And weirdly, it doesn't stand out.

Attached Files:

19. jonwallace95

jonwallace95 New Member

Miami
    For my m4 I use a box mag, and my sniper is easily identifiable because I am the only sniper in my group. But my brother uses colored electrical tape, like in that die hard movie at the airport, he uses blue for mid-cap and red for hi-cap. Its an effective system for marking plus its not permanent.

20. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I write the number "03" on my mags using a blue paint pen.