Featured How do you keeping flanks in check?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by SkyEye, Apr 13, 2018.

1. SkyEye

SkyEye Member

Tucson
    Hi. I wasn't sure whether to put this in tactics and strategy or something but whatever. More often than not when playing airsoft, I end up getting surrounded by the enemy. When the whistle blows and the game starts, I'll try to rush to the center of the field, and try to gain ground against the enemy. And often the enemy will begin to push on both of my flanks and I'll be surrounded and quickly hit. I used to have a team that I could coordinate with and avoid these issues, but as they all got bored of airsoft I'm left with this issue. Any solutions on gaining ground and not getting flanked?

2. CallMeVexed

CallMeVexed New Member

Canyon Country
    Without people to cover your flanks, unfortunately, you will not be able to extend as far as you are used to or in the way you are used to. As I see it, you've two choices: (1) don't rush as far up and instead only go in as far as the less brave on your team can cover you; or (2) don't go to the center, and instead keep one of your flanks to the side of the play field--that way you know you won't have enemies in that sector and can focus your effort.

link0 likes this.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis
    You are doing a Spear Point attack.

Sadly if you are solo, you will get crushed.

Put a boundary on one side (tape line). This mitigates the point of counter attack from 180 degrees to 90. Then hope the center moves up when you flank shoot the center.

4. SkyEye

SkyEye Member

Tucson
    Both of those ideas greatly help me. Thank you all.