how do you know when to charge your battery for your aeg?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by newbieairsoft123, Sep 22, 2012.

1. newbieairsoft123

newbieairsoft123 New Member

I charged my battery 3 days ago I shot about 200 bbs when I got it today is the 3rd day and I haven't charged it and it still has alota juice left. I plan on playing at a arena today should I charge my gun again? I don't want to over charge it because it will ruin my battery! So how do you know when to charge the battery?

2. Beta

Beta New Member

Like I said bro. When your shooting and you start to see that the gun isn't shooting as fast

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
  4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    + 1. with a standard charger it's hard to know how long you should charge it for because you don't know how much battery life it has left. Some smart chargers also have a discharge>charge function is what you should use. If you constintly charge it from half full or 3/4 or not dead it will eventually loose memory and not hold as much of a charge.

5. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yep get a smart charger- one of the best airsoft items you can invest in if you have an aeg.

6. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
  7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

8. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    I have one aswell. The only problem (not really problem just an accident haha) I had was that my little brother ripped off the tamiya connector on the mini-type side so now I have to get an adaptor with my next AEG purchase. But other than that it was a great charger especially for only $15

9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Actually my connector isn't on very well either, I think I am going to solder it soon. Now I just need solder........

10. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    That's what I was thinking of doing but I couldn't, due to lack of a soldering iron and soldering experience haha

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  11. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Definatley agree with everyone else. You need to invest in a smart charger. Make sure it fits your batteries needs as most smart chargers are very specific to the battery they tend do (i.e. LIPO batteries have lipo charger, etc, etc). I bought mine from hobbyking and it works like a champ.