How do you make people stop firing at you when you out.

Discussion in 'Rules of Engagement' started by th3b3ard, Oct 31, 2012.

1. th3b3ard

th3b3ard New Member

Today I was playing airsoft and I got ambushed an shot a close range. This is ok but he put like half a mag into me and it was clear I was out. Also it was from about seven feet away so he should've seen I was out

2. SierraFiveNine

SierraFiveNine New Member

Chi-Town
    It sounds like this guy was just being mean, but for other times, like when there is range between you and the shooter, you should use a kill rag.

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    raise your hand and yell hit. at seven feet, he is violating minimum engagement distance. if this is an outdoor field and he ignores your hand in the air, then return fire (face shot). if this is an indoor field, get a ref to re-educate the player.

if he has 50+rps @ 250fps, then you're SOL...

4. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    At least where we are, people use a 'red rag' to show they are dead.

When you are hit, immediately pull out a bright red rag / bandana and hold it up, then put it on your head, etc., where it is easily seen.

You are responsible for letting people know you are hit. I mean, can you always tell when your BB hit someone else?

So, we 'act' dead. Our hit rules involve the red rag, most of us call out 'ah' or at least yell out something and then lie down. We stay still for a couple minutes.

When dead we walk off away from the fight, red rag showing, head down, gun held in a no-threatening way.

5. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Well, I clearly state im out using a dead rag. When moving out of buildings I say "Dead man coming out", if some douchebag comes and shoots me when Im clearly out.... Ill spray him down. Dead or not, anyone with a brain can tell I would be out.

6. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    was it just one big spray he hit you with? or was it several burst/single shots? if it was one huge burst, it could have been unintentional. some people have really bad reaction time.

if it was several bursts, or single shots from 7ft away, all you have to do is scream in his face.

7. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Hold you're gun up and yell hit. If they still don't stop, yell louder. If that doesn't work, call timeout and tell them if they don't cease fire, they will be disqualified. Go over the rules with them before the game starts.

8. sniperGman

sniperGman New Member

You tell them that you've been hit but if they keep shooting at you, pelt them.

9. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Bad sportsmanship. Be the bigger man and walk it off. If you shoot back, it gives them an excuse to keep shooting you.

10. Rickman150

Rickman150 New Member

Flower Mound
    I agree with PistolsAndMP5s. It is bad sportsmanship. One time I was hit hard from long range, i yelled OUT, and someone jumped out but didnt shoot me because i had my clip out of the gun, both held high above my head for all to see if they intended to shoot me, and i walked off the field to teh staging area. the guy who shot u from 7feet away, he was just being a pain in the a**. Be the better person, dont retaliate.

11. Dennarb

Dennarb New Member

If you dont have a kill rag typically hold up your gun straight up and keep yelling hit until the bbs stop flying.

12. matt123holman

matt123holman New Member

You yell really loud and say im hit

13. WolfHeart

WolfHeart New Member

In four years of on and off playing, I haven't had many encounters with the elusive "Shooteus Lotsious". Typically, ill yell I'm hit, congratulate them on a good shot, and begin walking with my gun up, unless rules state we are to remain where we are. Occasionally I've gotten shot while dead, but, I just shrug it off

14. chitoryu12

chitoryu12 New Member

Orlando
    The players that I tend to suffer the most from are usually young and/or cocky, either newbies or noobs (the difference is that noobs are longtime players who never learned). It's very common at the local CQB to get shot in the back as you're walking back to spawn.

The biggest threat is actually likely to be someone who cranks up their gun to a very high rate of fire and doesn't have proper trigger control. They end up firing a half-second or longer burst; with a gun that fires at 23 RPS like many modified guns, that could be as many as 10 BBs hitting you at once. And if the guy combines that with a high energy output....

15. rell_bb_guner

rell_bb_guner New Member

I've never not once been hit but if I was I would yell hit louder than ten BB guns going of at once.

16. chitoryu12

chitoryu12 New Member

Orlando
    That's not very loud at all, really.

17. rell_bb_guner

rell_bb_guner New Member

Now that I think about it it's not.

18. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Break their hands.....

19. nucklehead