How do you run your AK?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Comrade_Communism, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    If you own an AK, what sights, or mods have you upgraded it with to fit your style? Is there any upgrades you recommend?

I'm looking to upgrade my CM048, but it seems the real PSOs are a bit too expensive for my budget. I also don't know what furniture will fit my gun.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I'd type it all up but this is much easier.

In my thread you'll see the beginning of my AK, then the end (although I still haven't even attempted my airseal problem... Too busy,lol).

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/cyma-build-55283/

Anyway, I ultimately went for a high speed tactical build, and even thought its nowhere near Russian standard, I love it.

3. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Well when I ran mine a few years ago I ran it straight. No external upgrades or attachments. Just ran it with some internal upgrades. If you want to add some stuff you could throw a Kobra replica on it or just go tactical and get RIS mount and RIS front handguard. The thing I love most about AKs is you can keep them plan Jane and they look good and feel good.

4. naamtune

naamtune Member

Redlands
    The Chinese-made kobra replicas are terrible. I'd rather opt for the real steel ones, IMO. Too much technical issue with the Chinese copies, especially with the ghosting and zeroing. Or you can get the PK-01A. :)

I run mine depending on the scenarios. Either bare minimum with wooden furniture or bare polymers for normal daylight games, or with tri-rails lower handguard, foregrip, kobra, flashlight, and put paracords on my mags for cheap and simple magpuls for CQC in the low-light settings. I'm in the process of converting it over to the Daytona and do away with the AEG. Planning to put in r-hop as well. It uses a PDI 455mm 6.05mm stainless steel barrel.

5. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    The problem with most real steel sights is they are expensive...

The cheapest I've seen a PSO-1 go is $60 on ebay. The others were $120 on evike, and over $200 for real steel weapons.

6. naamtune

naamtune Member

Redlands
    True, and I can understand. But, the Chinese replicas are really poorly made. I ended up regret buying them in the end because of that. I have the $120 PSO-1 replica and I had used my friend's Kobra replica. Terrible experience with them. But maybe you'll be lucky. I'm just speaking from experience with them in the past. :(

7. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    I want to use actual sights made for the Kalashnikov. But I may have to settle with a picatinny side mount and an ACOG or something. Though, I think I need to worry more about gear and camo first. Running around in a hoodie and no vest isn't going to cut it for much longer. ;P

8. naamtune

naamtune Member

Redlands
    Ah, gotcha. You can still get away with using RIS and EOTech. Fit the AK to what's best and practical for you.

9. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    All I need right now is a 4x, foregrip, and flashlight. I don't want to go 'tacti-cool'. ;)

10. bal1

bal1 New Member

My cyma real wood ak has what appears to be an ics infinite motor,a 130 spring. I have the side scope mount,a scope, deans connectors and a ten inch suppresor.
    Funny thing is I use this in cqc.

ForumRunner_20130108_224304.jpg

11. C-4man

C-4man New Member

Comox Valley
    The newest version of the AK-74MS for the Russian armed forces will come stander with a Forgrip, EO Tech (Russian version), folding & extending stock, and improved flash hider.

12. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    AK74Ms? That sounds bad ***. I just hope it isn't one of those wooden fore-grips. Call me weird, but I don't like those. Also, I think you mean muzzle break, not flash hider. But I may be wrong.

13. naamtune

naamtune Member

Redlands
    I have never heard about this new AK-74MS. I know that their newest rifle, AK-12 is already in mass production two years ago, which features RIS, new folding and extending stock and a new flash hider. Perhaps that's what you're referring to? If not can you provide the source? I'm curious to know.

14. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    Run it as it's meant to be run, plain (or as a proper Ak12, which would require specific parts)

15. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My slightly "tacticool" AK-104:
    [​IMG]

Base gun is a G&G RK104, with CYMA grips and G&G front rail system. I use KA 110rd Polish type midcaps with it, they feed flawlessly at 38rps with no sector chip, and IMO they fit the gun's style well. The sight is a G&P 30mm red dot, it get's the job done very well. On the field I use it with a 2 point bungee sling for easy carry.

AK purists will probably not like it, but I'm very happy with it. It's built specifically to fill my needs on the field, and gets the job done extremely well.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  16. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

You sorta get the idea from these picture

Attached Files:

17. C-4man

C-4man New Member

Comox Valley
    From what I have heard from RT (Russia Today) the AK-12 will be going into testing this later this year but the Kremlin doesn't want to put funding into a new rifle when there are millions of AK-47, AK-74, & AK-100's in Russia already. Upgrade kits will be handed out either late this year or next year to save costs, Russia is currently upgrading there inter armed forces (NAVY, AirForce, Army) so I can understand why they don't want the AK-12....

The AK-74M(S) s stands for stock and that model is the current model with the side folding stock.

Comrade it will NOT have wood furnishings it'll have a steel? RIS kit, not a 100% sure on that though...

18. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    This is basically what I want to do with my AK. Except the top rail on the handguard. Call me weird, but I always thought that was ugly.

Is that an AK74u?

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

Just did a little search, you are right about it being in testing. (according to WP) But Kalashnikov wants it released by 2013.

I don't mind it not having a wooden stock. I've really only liked wood on the AK47 and the SVD. Besides, synthetic stocks are lighter than wood and more durable (sometimes).

19. C-4man

C-4man New Member

Comox Valley
    "In January 2012, the Russian Deputy Defense Minister announced that the Russian Army would not be buying the AK-12, as they had millions of surplus AK-74 rifles, and over concerns of the financial state of Izhmash." That was from the Wiki link, I just look at the AK-12 and say to my self "the end of AK's is near"

20. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    "Millions of surplus AK-74 rifles,..." I don't think the AK is dead. Just look at it in the POV of the Mosin-Nagant. There were tens of millions of those rifles made.