How does this look?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by kloit, Sep 9, 2012.

1. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    JG Full Metal BAR 10 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle Airsoft Gun
    JG Scope for Bar 10 with Scope Rings and Rail Mount
    Action Army Specialized "Zero" Trigger for VSR 10 / BAR 10
    Laylax M170 Spring for VSR 10 / BAR 10 Series
    Action Army VSR 10 Inner Barrel Spacer
    Airsoft GI PE Reinforced Spring Guide with Bearings for VSR 10 / BAR 10 Series
    Modify 6.03mm Hybrid Precision Inner Barrel for BAR 10 / VSR 10 ( 433mm )
    Airsoft GI Extreme Hop Up Bucking for VSR 10 / BAR 10 / R700 / G700

All for $310

I'm willing to spend up to $400 so please advise on what else to do. I want the upgrades I have to perform better than AirsoftGI's own G700G.

I will also get the
    Danger Werx CNC Aluminum VSR 10 / BAR 10 High Engagement Hop Up Lever ( Type-B )

Btw, the Action Army Zero Trigger comes with an upgraded reinforced piston.

I will also be sure to do cylinder and barrel teflon mods.

The total for all these upgrades is $330 on AirsoftGI with a 15% discount coupon and free shipping. I think it's a good deal and will definitely outperform their G700G. I have $70 more to spend, and please reply quickly, because I think their sale ends today.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  2. Grizzly88

Grizzly88 New Member

Well you could put the rest in some mags and/or gear that you need.

3. chris2503

chris2503 New Member

long island
    it looks nice for a bulid

4. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Also don't forget the bipod. The list looks good.

5. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Thanks, I just received the package a few days ago. I am wondering if anyone knows whether the Airsoft GI Extreme Hop Up Bucking is flat for V-shaped [http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7336]? I might have gotten the wrong Dangerwerx adjustment lever if it's indeed a flat hop up type.

6. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    Did you buy the Bar-10 from ASGI?
    Did you manage to get the cylinder head off?

7. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Yes, I bought the whole package from ASGI. I have not done any upgrades yet, because I want to make sure all the parts are correct first.

8. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    Well I would've gotten different parts.

Airsoft GI PE Reinforced Spring Guide with Bearings for VSR 10 / BAR 10 Series
    Modify 6.03mm Hybrid Precision Inner Barrel for BAR 10 / VSR 10 ( 433mm )
    Airsoft GI Extreme Hop Up Bucking for VSR 10 / BAR 10 / R700 / G700

Their spring guide feels very plasticy although it's metal.
    I would go with a PDI Hopup chamber, AEG bucking, AEG tigthbore (go madbull if your on a budget) and R-hop it.

I've had issues with ASGI Bolt action rifles. Seem like they glued the cylinder head in. (Happened with a Bar-10 and a R700 I bought from them)
    If you manage to get the cylinder head off, let me know.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    I would ditch the ASGI stuffs and Modify hybrid barrel.......
    Really just low quality/budget stuffs.

PDI chamber, Prometheus or Madbull 6.03 barrel.

10. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    I've been trying to find a good hop up chamber. The PDI one is on redwolfairsoft.com, but their shipping supposedly is expensive and takes around 4-8 weeks??

Also, do you have any say on the Dangerwerx Hop up adjustment arm?

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    The PDI hopup chamber can be found locally still. I think Atlanta Airsoft carries the version one PDI chamber. Just look around harder, there's probably a version 2 somewhere. And for all I know the version ones nozzle might fit the bar-10 stock cylinder. If it doesn't you'll need to pick up a PDI bolt (cylinder).

12. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    Wow this is frustrating. I just can't get the cylinder head off! I've tried electrical tape, used the allen key (but it didn't really do much), and used pliers to twist, but it just won't come off. Is there any way to take it off without drilling?

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    With certain cylinders and cylinder heads I've seen that you have to drill out a small part on the cylinder beside the cylinder head. But I'm not sure if that's the case with yours. If I can remember correctly the spot looked like a small spot weld.

Edit: take a good picture of the cylinder and cylinder head, the more pictures the better. And make sure its a good picture.

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The following qualifies as a good picture(s):
    -high resolution
    -multiple angles and multiple pictures at each angle
    -GOOD LIGHTING
    -Lens is focused on the right spot.

15. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Exactly this^

If you can do that for us, perhaps we can be of more help to you.

16. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    I don't know where my camera is at the moment. I have however, done a top-down drawing of the cylinder head which I believe should be sufficient unless told otherwise.

Wow my file is 696 KB exceeding the 390.6 KB limit.

Here is a link to it : http://www.2shared.com/photo/M_Bip9Et/cylinderhead.html

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  17. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Is there any movement in the cylinder head whatsoever? Do you see a almost spot weld type mark on the cylinder around the cylinder head area?

18. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    There is no movement in the cylinder head. It is stiff and tight. I linked a picture in the previous post. There is a little pin that appears to be sealing the cylinder head in.

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well then unfortunately you might need to bring out the drill. Before you do check out some YouTube videos, you don't want to mess this up otherwise you can potentially lose your airseal which means you'll need a new cylinder.

I tried to look at the picture but it didn't work for me.

20. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro
    I think the pin I labeled on the picture was the allen wrench one. Supposedly you have to use a standard garage wrench, insert the allen key and turn them both simultaneously? I tried this, but the largest allen wrench to fit the hole was too small for the garage wrench to be able to grip the nozzle. Any ideas?