How far can your airsoft gun shoot accurately?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by qurfy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    Just thought this might be interesting to ask. So how far can your airsoft gun shoot, shoot accurately, and what type of gun is it?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I've gotten a one-shot hit paced out to 97 yards with my SystemA PTW and a red cylinder hitting just under 550 FPS. I'd estimate that I've gotten kills from further away, but never measured.

3. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    My JG AUG A3 can accurately hit at 270ft. However its sighted in for 220.

4. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Just finished up on my CYMA Galil project, my current 438-452 FPS setup (semi auto only 50ft LER), properly dialed hop up, and .28g bbs it could hit a max range (using standard paper targets) of 283ft using my range finder (which I can't confirm is 100% accurate) with a effective range (where I could hit the target 10 consecutive times) was around 250ft or so.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My two main AEG's, my CA AUG A2 and G&G AK-104, both heavily modified, can hit an opponent at 200-250 feet with .28g bb's. We aren't talking DMR level accuracy, but I can get torso hits with little effort at those ranges, doubt I could get a single fire headshot though. Both shoot approx. 1.4J and have the Flat-hop mod. My KS P90 with slightly lower power and the stock hop-up chamber with a guarder bucking will hit an opponent at roughly 150 feet with .25's.

What exactly is the point of this thread? Just curiosity? I guess it's nice to have a thread where we can brag about our guns' accuracy hehe.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    Well Nortech, you nailed it on the head really. Curiosity, and bragging, plus I'm interested in what you guys have.

7. Natebelg

Natebelg New Member

Waiting for my King Arms Oberland M8 to arrive, but I think I can throw a bb pretty far, not sure how accurately however :)

8. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Completely stock G&G M14 is accurate at 200ft with .25s. I was surprised. I can't wait to turn this thing into a DMR.

9. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    I hit somebody with my stock JG M16 at 200 feet away a few days ago. Although it took me a few shots and I had to aim up and a little to the left(because there was a lot of wind) I could still hit him. But as far as effective range I can hit targets pretty consistently at 170 feet.

10. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    130-160 yards (effective-absolute range).

11. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

About 120-130 Ft with my P90.

12. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Eh 150ish with my JG m4 ,but most effective in the 100-120 range.