How far is too far?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by ComputerMan, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Hay guys,
    Ive got a story and then some questions I want your honest opinion on.

I have a cousin I played airsoft with when we started. I think we all had a airsoft buddy when we started. Well I was more aggressive, daring, and a better love for the game. He just liked it, I pushed him too hard to continue on and play more often. I ended up playing by myself at feilds and grew as a player. (2 years later)
    Its been two years since I started to play solo, I've come far. I have basic gear, camo, upgrades, midcaps, and even a nice sidearm. I played with him again and he was hiding and not having fun, airsoft he stopped playing altogether.

Now my friend Tori (yes she is a tomboyish girl), is violent, aggressive and smart. I want to see if she would like airsoft.

1.What are the signs of a airsofter?

2. How hard should you try to get a new player to play?

I don't want to ruin someone else's possable airsoft life.

2. Coxinabox

Coxinabox New Member

1.anyone can be an airsofter. Don't let stereotypes define a player. But aggression, leadership and a general interest in combat sports and guns would help.
    2. Show them some YouTube videos about it. Choose some that have a higher than average production quality. Introduce them to your armament and ask if they want to shoot them. Offer to take them out the first time. Might cost you a little bit, but you could end up with a "battle buddy".

3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Yea, she likes combat and is aggressive. Leadership is a little flaky, she likes to take charge even when she is new at something.

Ill try to get her interested, if her BF will let her(very protective).
    She plays WoW and minecraft so she knows a little on tactics.

Should I invite her and some friends to airsoft for my birthday? That may get her to come.

4. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    Attraction beats promotion.

This means - demonstrate you have a good time doing it. Talk about what you like about it, offer to show things. Always ask if she's interested to hear about it.

Pushing things on others only shows that you don't care about them.

5. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Get the boyfriend interested, then you've licked one problem right there and possibly set two people on a new adventure to improve their own relationship. This in turn give the BF a reason to like you and allow her to play when he can't. Bonus for everyone.

6. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Ask her straight up if she likes airsoft of if she thinks its cool. Because the girls i have talked to think airsoft is really cool and manly. Or maybe its just my dashing looks ;)

7. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

She has no idea, she only has biased idea on airsoft.

8. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Forget it unless you get the BF in on it too. Even if it's just for Airsoft, he isn't gonna see it that way.

9. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

He plays, I don't KNOW him.

I know he plays cqb and is the type NOT to take cover (the type that comes out with 200 welts and 0 kills

10. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    I agree with attraction over promotion. Tell her some awesome or funny stories of things that happened in game. Ex: "Oh my God, when I was at Stryker Airsoft with Bob and everyone, the craziest thing happened..."

11. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Thanks for the tip........

12. EuroGirl

EuroGirl New Member

Unfortunately this won't work unless the bf is happy with it. Asking his gf to go with you to games and such isn't a good idea. If it really pisses him off.....you might be looking at getting you teeth punches down your throat. (If he's one of this extremely aggressive people) Either that or maybe she'll take charge and tell him off? Either way best way so that everyone is happy is to get the bf to like and approve of this. There's some crazy guys when it comes to other guys doing stuff with their gf. So my guess is either get him on your side or wait for the possible knuckle sandwich if he's like that.

13. Duke

Duke New Member

Euro and I agree twice in the same day? Not possible! But regarding the bf, try bringing him too, maybe he'll get interested as well and then you have two airsofters instead of one!

EDIT: just realized I echoed booger.. My bad just ignore me..

14. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    If he already plays, then invite him and her along (him first) and then enlist his help in getting her to play. He'll thank you and she will if she enjoys it. Big win for everyone.

15. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Yea, ill ask him, I think he plays at our local cqb feild every once in a while