How long did it take you?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by GoldenEagle, Dec 21, 2012.

1. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle New Member

Chicago
    Okay, so I spend a lot of time lurking here, I don't post much because I have no real advice or real problems (as I have no guns and I'm selling my gear)

But what I'm really wondering how long it took most of you to amass your guns and gear, including accessories and optics.

I'm holding off on purchases for now. I intend to buy all my gear after I relocate to SoCal. Illinois is mostly dead for Airsoft. I want to go where the sport has a solid foothold.

Answers?

2. TacticalChef

TacticalChef New Member

San Francisco
    i've been playing for almost 5 years now and i still don't think i have a 'complete' kit. at least not like what i see some people rolling with. that said i have owned and traded quite a few guns over the years, as well as going through several different variations on gear setups.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    For most people, they never really finish collecting stuff. You change things out, sell old stuff that you're bored with and buy the new hotness. My collection probably hasn't grown significantly in the last 5 years, but it's a lot different now than it was then. I've bought and sold more guns in my 11 years playing than I can really remember. I have nicer gear now than ever before, but largely that's because I been trying to get away from repro brands and venture into the really high end stuff for the last couple years.

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Three years for me I guess. I didn't settle on just any gun, I kept trading them until I found the ones I like the best. I'm still missing parts of my load out and it's a less than ideal situation.