how long will an airsoft gun battery last?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by newbieairsoft123, Sep 20, 2012.

1. newbieairsoft123

newbieairsoft123 New Member

Hello all I just received my very first airsoft gun in the mail today its an a&k m4 s system I let it charge for about 4 n a half hours and then I put it in the gun n shot a couple bbs maybe 20 tonight Anyways. I plan on going to the airsoft arena tommorow will the battery. Be good for tommorow? Its a 8.4volt how. Long does the battery charge usuall last? Should I charge it again B4 playing?

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    If you can, I know it's short notice, but try to get your hands on a smart charger. It'll fully charge your battery without wondering if it's ready to go or not.

To answer your question, it depends on the amp hours (mAh) of the battery as well as LOTS of other things. In short, for most stock guns, take the amp hours, and cut it in half (give or take), and that's approximately how many shots you'll get with the battery. Again it's an estimate, so full auto, burst fire, and semi-auto will render different results.

You should attempt to top it off before playing just to be sure.
    Your next purchase should be a smart charger and spare (upgraded) battery ;)

And remember, have fun!

3. SonicDeathMonkey

SonicDeathMonkey New Member

Woodbury Heights
    +1 on the smart charger. I have two and I can charge the four batteries I have faster than I can charge one with a "dumb" charger. If you have a smart charger, you can throw your battery on it before you go and it should be topped off in less than an hour.

My experience (as limited as it is) half the mAH as well. How you shoot also affects that, but it's a really good guideline.

4. newbieairsoft123

Well what is the normal battery. Life for airsoft guns with an 8.4 volt battery? Just the general run time? An hour two hours the whole day? it doesn't Have to be exact And all mathematical how many hours of shooting do you guys get on your guns?

5. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I am pretty sure that an 8.4 will last a whole day of airsofting.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    How many hours of shooting? That's all dependent on how much you shoot, in order to make an estimate about your battery life, we would at least have to know the mah of the thing and gunnut it really depends on how much you shoot and somewhat on the temperature.

7. newbieairsoft123

I bought my gun yesterday And. It came with no manual lol so I know I sound stupid when I ask this but ill ask anyways where do you find the MAVh or whatever to your battery?

8. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    It really shouldn't be a "or whatever" sort of deal if you actually want an answer, normally it is written on the plastic covering a battery, or you may have clear plastic and it will be on the cells your battery has.

9. newbieairsoft123

Sorry I didn't know excactly what it was called so yea but thanks though you guys are lots of help :D

10. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    This question is pretty much impossible for us to answer considering we have no ideas of what game types you will be playing or what role you play in those games. For example I am usually my squads designated marksman and at some ops I have only gone through 4 midcaps. At other games I've gone through all 12 midcaps and been forced to switch to a sidearm and reload. This being side their is a very high variance between how many times you will fire your gun. But if you are using the battery that came with the gun it is probably good for 1500 rounds and then trigger response and rof will deteriorate.

11. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    The general rule of thumb is 1 shot per MAH of the battery. So if your battery has a MAH rating of 1500 expect about 1500 shots. How long this lasts depends on how much you shoot, How new the battery is, How long you charged it, Etc.

Like others have suggested, Get yourself a smart charger. They run about 30.00 You will be able to charge the battery much quicker and not run the risk of over charging it. ( essentially frying the battery )

If you bought the gun used, I recomend getting a whole new battery as well. You don't know how the previous owner took care of it. Even if you got it brand new I would still suggest getting a new one. Usually stock batteries arn't that great. If you do decide to get a new battery get yourself a 9.6 Not only will it probaly be a better battery but will also increase your ROF.

12. newbieairsoft123

You mentioned rof deteriorating what is that? I'm completely new so I don't know much of the airsoft terminology. And i dont really have a squad or role I'd like to have a squad and role to play that would be awesome but I don't have any airsoft Friends how do you start a squad?

13. Beta

Beta New Member

No bro. Don't charge it for another 4 hours if did last night. Wait until you start to see that after you've played with it for awhile, when you pull the trigger it won't shoot as fast on full auto. That's when you want to charge it for about 3 hours

14. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida

Rate of Fire (Rof) dropping - Basically when you charge your battery you're going to get it's optimum performance (of the battery that is). But as the battery starts to lose it's power and is almost empty, you'll notice your rate of fire start to drop.
    It goes from a poppoppoppoppoppop to a er-pop---pop---pop---pop---pop, to an eventual err-----pop-------pop---[silence]

The "er" being the motor winding, and pop being the actual shot.

It happens with all batteries. It's not a good habit to get into the motion of letting your battery full run dry.

But anyway, I'm sure you had your game already, so tell us how it was. Did you like it, did you not like it? What did you not like about it? And of course are there any other questions/issues you ran into?