how many mags for a typical game?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Jakerz872, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    I own a ka m4 gbb and only have one mag for it and my sidearm(kwa mkii ptp) and will be buying more. How many do you think I will need? M4 holds 50, but I like to put in 30 for realism, and the pistol holds 17ish I believe. I am real trigger happy too BTW. I am holding everything in a plate carrier so that's what I have to work with. Thanks.

2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Are you like me and go semi-auto with percise shots or do you spray and pray?

3. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Also how Long are the games You play in usually?

4. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Semi auto precise... but ill do like 3 or 4 real fast to make sure I hit em.

5. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    I haven't played yet >_<. Basically what I'm asking is how many you guys would bring. Maybe to different scenarios like cqb, field, milsim, etc.

6. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Well you don't get to decide for milsim and I'm guessing you won't be doing any milsim for awhile. But CQB and field I would ideally bring 2-3 midcaps and have one highcap just in case

7. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Its a GBBR, 50rds tops, he likes to use 30. OP, if I were you, I would take 210rds for feild. Then again, I like to have way more than I need, so take that with a grain of salt.

8. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    I'm the same way lol gotta have extra. Alright thanks.

9. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Oh didn't read the description just kinda judged by the title. Yeah go with 210 like UrGirlfriendz said. But if you only do 30 a mag it is 7 magazines you need. If you don't have space for 7 mags you either need to fill them up all the way or just get as many as you can fit

10. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Yeah thanks. Does anyone know if king arms fixed their leaky mags? Because id buy their mags at only 40 bucks a pop if I knew they worked. Or if anyone else knows cheap, but reliable alternatives. The next cheapest ones I know to work are the g&p pmags but last I checked they were 70 a piece and 7*70 is 420... for that price I could buy a whole nother gun, and then some! If I filled them up to 50 though it would come out to be 4.2, rounding up of course to 5 mags which is still like 280. Yikes.

11. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

If its to much you could bring only one or 2 mags then bring extra bbs and a speed loader. I mean to save a couple hundred dollars I think it is worth 30 seconds to reload

12. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Yeah but when i get home and get a job the cash will be flowing anyways so I think the investment will be worth it.

13. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Yeah it's up to you. If you ok with it that is better. But I'm against spending more because I don't have a job:)

14. Jakerz872

Jakerz872 New Member

East Greenbush
    Okay, thanks for the advice =]

15. SFC_Andy

SFC_Andy Member

Newnan
    I never go out with less than 2 if they are high caps. This would be for a indoor game that will last about 10-15 min a round. I will take all 5 of my 80rd mids if I want to work on doing mag changes. These indoor games are almost always semi only. I pic my shots, unless I am suppressing (sp?) while someone is moving up.

For a field game.....depends again on how I'm playing. Mids if I am going to be hanging out on the perimeter sniping. If I feel like getting in the mix, high caps. I have alread been .Mil, so I am out there to just have fun. It's just Airsoft and no one is really trying to kill me.

For you, I would say, get them all as you as can. If you want to do the MilSim thing, go RealCap. 7 mags minimum @ 30rds each. Although, 7 is more like the "old" minimum. Most guys that are not working strictly from vehicles might have more like 10 mags.

Most of all......carry a great attitude and have FUN!!!!!!

16. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    He's using a GBBR.... Did you just read the title lol?

17. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Hes the second one lol.

People that run GBB at my field usually carry around 4-5 extra magazines and its a large CQB field.

If you havn't played yet it's hard to say what is right for you...Backyard shooting is a lot different from playing in a regular game. You don't have contact in backyards and while you might think you will only single shot once your in a game this can change. since your only running "low caps" I would say possibly up to 8-10 mags but could be lower. At the very least I would say 5 all depends on field & your play style.

I would suggest carrying some speedloaders and one of those smaller portable gas cans with you so you can reload on the fly.

18. SFC_Andy

SFC_Andy Member

Newnan
    Evan after playing for around 3 yrs, guess I'm still new. Not sure what the difference is about GBBR (not sure what that is....Gas?) and AEG. Is this a P* rifle? Is so, I have heard that they don't feed high cap mags very well.

No thin skin here, just don't talk to me like I'm 9. My youngest son is 12.

19. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Yeah GBBR is gas blow back rifle: and because the mag also has to hold gas and not only bbs there can be as many. So there is no room to be a highcap.

20. microsoft

microsoft New Member

if your going for realism than the typical grunt carries about 12 mags on him, some guys go to around 15 and some other guys like medics and ROs may have only 8 or 10