How Many Rounds - GBB Pistols

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by gb65, Sep 11, 2012.

1. gb65

gb65 New Member

How many rounds thru these gbb pistols (KJW Hi Capa's etc) til they start to wear and/or have problems? Are we looking at 5000, 10k or lots more? Shooting that many rounds thru real guns takes years and lots of money where they sell 6mm bb's in tubs of 5000.

Thanks

2. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    the real question is does it matter? just run the gun and replace parts when they break. there is not set limit of time until something breaks. infact, i had less then 400 rounds through my sig before i broke my loading nozzle.

3. gb65

gb65 New Member

Yes. I'm trying to get a feel if these things are pieces of junk requiring constant maintinance or are they pretty durable. They're made with plastic, pot metal and plastic against plastic, metal against plastic etc.

Do most heavy users have 5000 rounds thru theirs or 50,000?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  4. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    most often in airsoft people dont really use there pistols a whole bunch (the forget to transition)I for one used mine very often because my gun was always hot or had a ROF to fast for my field.

I believe i had like 30k through my sg in the two and a half year i owned it. I was always out shooting it.

they really dont need to be cleaned so all you have to do is pull the slide off ad spray a crap ton of silicone over the trigger/hammer mech and over the underside of the slide/guide rod/spring and loading nozzle mech.

since there is no gunpowder there isnt anything to really clean up other then the impurities in the propane/greengas but since it doesnt clmp up and get sticky like carbon, there isnt any need to clean it. spray more lube on and go!