How much does a ghillie suit cost?

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by sniperGman, Jan 2, 2013.

1. sniperGman

sniperGman New Member

I want to buy a ghillie suit because I need more camofluage.

2. rblevinski

rblevinski Active Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Try making your own. If your really committed to sniping and have some time on your hands it should be a fun project. Otherwise a decent one is about $ 80. They won't die on you to quick and it should conceal you well.

Edit: You can find a bunch on the Internet.

3. TacticalChef

TacticalChef New Member

San Francisco
    i would 2nd building your own. buying a cheap suit isn't that great of an option compared Try building one. If you buy a cheap one they tend to fall apart and have issues with fraying and tangling and the general issues you would expect form cheap things, as evidenced by the sad state of my friends I believe 60 dollar suit.
    For that same amount of money or less, you can get a volleyball net, cut it to the shape of your BDUs and get some jute fabric and dyes and make the suit custom to the field you play at rather than a prefab. I have been working on getting one together for a little while now, and it's been a lot of fun. here's a link to the guide I used as a reference.

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/howtobuildyourownghillie.aspx

4. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    I made my own as well. It took a wile but it was worth it.

ForumRunner_20130102_171543.jpg

ForumRunner_20130102_171617.jpg

5. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

6. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Honestly, all the good snipers build their own ghillie suits. In fact in Army Sniper School it is a requirement. The best tip for building a ghillie suit is to get good with needle and thread. Since a ghillie suit is a non standard, approved piece of uniform it can be modified any way that you please. After you have camouflage covered you can move on to modifying it for comfort such as padding the elbows and knees for when you are laying for hours at a time or crawling for miles.

To be honest though a ghillie suit does absolutely no good if you do not know how to use your surroundings. Understanding basic stealth techniques is absolutely imperative before you construct your own camouflage or purchase a prefab on from else where, you will be sorely disappointed

7. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    I put grass and leaves in my web gear all over.

So far, being still has been my best camo.
    Next best is being behind at least one layer of foliage, etc.
    Third best is disruptive pattern, or good tonal/color for the background.
    Finally, not being in line of sight works. :D

8. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    I use a ghillie jacket from Bushrag for work sometimes. Bushrag has some nice outfits, jackets and pants. I have not used it for airsoft but plan to use it in the next couple of games.

9. sniperboss

sniperboss New Member

Go on airsoft gi and you can get one for 77 dollars I like

10. xc0n

xc0n New Member

I have to agree with everyone telling you to build your own ghillie suit. Doing it this way is cheaper if done properly and the quality of the suit is much better than what you can buy. Also making your own suit builds an understanding of your ghillie suit plus it develops patients.

If you are serious about being an airsoft sniper and not just a marksman then you need to learn to do things properly.

11. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    why did you post this in this section?

google ghillie suit, or go to amazon and search ghillie suit. please people stop making stupid posts asking about how much something costs. take two seconds to look it up.

12. cmachine1995

cmachine1995 New Member

Ghille suits can cost $0.00 if you're recourseful enough. Green and brown string and yarn crazy glued onto some old drab - colored clothes is effective and cheap. Camouflage burlap can be purchased but rub it with mud so it doesn't shine in the sun. Also, grass it up. Try that long, tough grass everyone hates in their yard. Leaves are nice as well.
    The main function of a ghille suit is camouflage, so whatever blends in with your surroundings should be attached to the suit. (E.g. If you live in a cotton candy forest, your ghille suit should be blue and pink.)

13. rblevinski

rblevinski Active Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    You don't want to use yarn. You should use burlap and dye it to match your environment.

14. xc0n

xc0n New Member

Yea yarn is a no go for a ghillie. For one it is a cheap material that wont hold up to the task of being a ghillie suit and second it will cling to anything and everything. That would make your movement even slower than it already is and possibly cause extra noise and brush movement.
    And you don't want to rub the burlap in mud or break it in until you fully construct the suit. Once its constructed you should wade in some water and then crawl/role etc in the dirt for a while. This removes the shine and will let you see the flaws in your ghillie suit/ remove any loose burlap so during operational use it won't shed leaving a pretty trail of bread crumbs for someone to follow.

15. cmachine1995

cmachine1995 New Member

Fine then, no yarn. Lol