How to add silencer to kings arm m4?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by cdaryl, Sep 6, 2012.

1. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    Hi so I have a kings arm colt m4a1. I want to add a scope on it. I tried removing the flash hider(it's metal) but it's either too tight or it's unremovable. Anyone knows a way to add a silencer on it? I have a 14mm silencer. Thx!

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Look around the base of the flash hider for a tiny set screw. If you don't see one then it's most likely glued on. So apply some heat and twist the correct way.

3. vlhoang

vlhoang Member

St. Petersburg
    if you dont want to remove the flash hider, you can always get a gemtech halo and just slap it over it. but like deathmechanic said look for the set screw and losen that. you may need to put some muscle into it to break the glue once you heat it up.

4. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    There's no screws next to it... I don't think it's glued on but I think it's a whole metal piece with the barrel? Is that possible?

5. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Look at the end of the flashider facing towards your gun, and look around it for a set screw. It'll be going through your flash hider into your outerbarrel to hold it on. If you still dont see one, warm up the flashhider and twist it for all you got. I highly doubt its welded on haha.

6. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    Also don't forget that it is threaded on counter clockwise so you may be twisting the wrong way haha

7. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    No screws... But I'll try twisting it again

8. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    That could very well be it xD Twist counter-clockwise!