How to Adjust the FPS on a G&P Rifle

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by airsoftfreak667, Jul 21, 2012.

1. airsoftfreak667

airsoftfreak667 New Member

how would you adjust the fps on any G&P Rifle without downgrading it, all my guns are stock internals besides the inner barrels.

2. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    Assuming you want to go down in fps, you can get a larger bore barrel, create an air leak, or there's barrels that let some air out to lower fps. They're made by madbull I think.

3. airsoftfreak667

ok but is there anyway without opening the gun up

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    There is not any. You have to open the gun.

5. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    You could take a drill and drill straight into the barrel. Don't have to open the gun up then.

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    what is the current fps and how much do you want to reduce it by?
    putting in a cheap thin hard bucking usually loses around 10 fps.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  7. airsoftfreak667

lol................................

8. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    If you only want to lose 10-30 fps you can shoot you gun on full auto and leave it for a few days but that will degrade your spring and you should replace it with a proper one soon after.

9. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa, do you mean to leave on full-auto for a few days?! That is one of the worst things you could do to an Airsoft gun...

EDIT: Op, just replace your spring it's the most affective way of reducing FPS.

10. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    He means shoot it so the spring is compressed and leave it. Not let it fire for a couple days.

11. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I mean shoot on full auto and leave the spring in a semi stressed position. Other people on this forum have done it before successfully as a way to reduce their fps if they don't have the correct spring, time of knowledge to install a spring to reduce the fps of their gun. These people have not reported any damage to any part of their gearbox beside the spring and that was what was intended. Then they installed the correct on later.

Explain to me how you would go about shooting an Airsoft gun on full auto for a few days without stopping.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  12. TheAirsoftTech

Oh, ok phew.... That makes more sense.
    But, you could take a zip tie and just tighten it on the trigger. I thought that's what you meant.

OP: I would still just get a new spring, even if you're uncomfortable opening your Gb, you have to do it some day.

13. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    Don't TM and matrix make FPS reducing flash hiders? I have no experience with them at all, but I think I've seen them around.

14. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

They get worn out quite fast. To get past a quick chrono, good idea. For the long run, useless.

15. samdman

samdman New Member

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum, I hope anybody could help me. Just had my king arms s&w m&p15 MOE two weeks ago, had it fired for the 1st time and it blocked the barrel right away so cleared the clog ang went firing normally but have not chrono ug that time. Just yesterday had a chance to chrono my rifle and the result was very disappointing! The actual ready was less tha 240fPs? Can someone out there give me an advice on what should I do or what have I done wrong. Any useful suggestion or comment is much appreciated. Thanks

16. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I guess he could use a 9999999999999 mah battery if he wanted to. lol

17. TheAirsoftTech

Lol, true that......