How to carry an mp5/mp9?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by V3A-Ghost, Dec 26, 2012.

1. V3A-Ghost

V3A-Ghost New Member

Chicago
    I'm planning on getting an mp5 or mp9 in the future, to use it as a backup. I just need to find a way to carry it. I run a battle belt loadout, so I have a drop-leg holster and a molle mag pouch ( I just wrap the straps around the belt ). I already have a one point sling for my soon-to-be DMR m4, so I don't want another sling because I'm afraid that they will get tangled up and become useless. Any ideas on how I can carry an SMG?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

3. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    There is a holster out there, evike I know carries it, for paintball guns that will work with an MP-5.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_153&products_id=25146

Shop around, you may find it cheaper. It only fits the right leg, so that might be an issue.

PM me for additional information on a potential option to this if this does not suit you.

4. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    I usually hold it by the pistol grip.

5. BoogerMc

Akron
    I was thinking about your problem last night, I may have a design figured out that would create a holster to suit your needs. I'm trying to find some additional "information" before I can present the final idea. I'll update as soon as I can.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    I used a phantom weapon catch with my MP9. It's not really a holster, but it worked fantastic with my MP9

7. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I say you should get a scorpion! there alot smaller but work just as well.

8. BoogerMc

Akron
    As stated, I have been working on a model of an idea to resolve the MP-5 holster problem. Here are a few pics of my idea. If interested, PM me for more details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These would be MOLLE backed, so they could be attached to any MOLLE styled platform, vest, etc.

I made one for an MP-5k and a standard MP-5 model; however, I will be looking into furthering the design because a friend of mine has a customized MP-5 and he wants one to carry his on his leg. His has a short body like the 5k, but a suppressor that nearly as long as the gun, so it will require some additional designing.

I haven't had a chance to look into the MP-9 yet, but I will.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  9. Dage

Dage New Member

Ann Arbor
    I like the way this looks, a lot.