How to change my stock spring in my TM G36c.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Bronco53, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Bronco53

Bronco53 New Member

Okay please be helpful guys. I have a tm g36 and when my friend tried to change the stock spring he said it wouldn't come out. is there something special i have to do ? Thanks if i missed a post about this im sorry just kindly direct me to the webpage :)

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh could he elaborate on what he meant by that? If he did open the gearbox it's possible TMs have those pistons that springs attach to, in which case you have to kind of unscrew the spring.

3. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I'm pretty sure that's the case

4. Bronco53

Bronco53 New Member

I think that is the problem. So should i just tell him to try to unscrew it?

5. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Well it you want it removed yeah.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You have to remove a lid in the piston head that is glued in place, there is a risk of breaking the piston head when doing this. Then you will see the screw that goes into the weight inside the piston where the spring is attached. If the piston head breaks you can just buy a new one.

7. philsaudio

philsaudio New Member

Atlanta GA USA
    And most likely the new spring you get will not attach to the weight so you will need a new piston head.