How to charge a deans battery?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by swimisaac, Jun 8, 2015.

1. swimisaac

swimisaac Member

Redding
    :confused:
    Hello guys,
    I recently traded for a modified Classic Army M16 which came wired to deans. I do not have any batteries wired to Deans, so I will be buying this battery:http://www.evike.com/products/24479/
    Is there any way that I can use this smart charger to charge it?:http://www.evike.com/products/24661/
    All of the adaptors and what not have confused me a bit(I am new to AEGs) so all help will be appreciated. I would like to use that specific battery and charger for sure. I also do not know how to solder, so I can't just solder a deans conector to my charger. Thanks!
    -swimisaac

2. CrusaderAirsoft

CrusaderAirsoft Member

Winchester

3. swimisaac

swimisaac Member

Redding
  4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You should definitely consider buying your li-po battery and charger at an RC store, you'll get a higher quality li-po battery for a lower price. You should also consider putting Deans or XT-60 connectors on all of your AEG's and batteries, Tamiya connectors are among the worst battery connectors.

5. swimisaac

swimisaac Member

Redding
    Ok I will check out a hobby store before buying online. If for some reason they don't have the battery and charger(I'm confident they will though) will the above battery and charger set off Evike work? Thanks guys! :)

6. Lefse

The battery and charger from Evike will work just fine, it's just that you can get better for less at an RC store or webshop.

7. swimisaac

swimisaac Member

Redding
    Just went to a hobby shop and got a battery very close in size and performance for $10 :D Thanks for the tip!

8. Lefse

No problem. It's the same story with lubricants, you'll get better lubricants for cheaper at the hardware store. For the price of a tiny container of airsoft brand grease that's enough for just a few builds, I can get a large tube of higher quality grease that will last me years.