How to choose a good m4 aeg?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Kevin_Poon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Hi:) I wanted to buy an aeg. My budget is about $150-220usd. As i am a beginner, I don't really know how to choose a good gun. What criteria should I look at when I choose a gun? I know that Hong Kong guns are good and I targeted at Kings Arms at first, but later, my friend told me that Kings Arms cheapest version of m4 is not very good. (It is about $175-$200usd) After that, I also targeted at A.P.S., it is a Hong Kong brand. But just now, I realized that it is made in China, but managed by Hong Kong people. Is it reliable? And is there any defects on the gun? Cuz I want my gun in good condition. Please give me some suggestions and advises. Thanks:)

2. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    The G&G combat machine range is in your prie range and they are good M4's . I dont know that many problems with them , im sure someone else can add to the G&G idea

3. mikenike

mikenike New Member

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    King Arms m4 all the way if you have more than 180 bucks!

5. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    well a combat machine is a good starter m4 and you can still upgrade it a bit if you like.

6. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Yeah? Tell me what makes the combat machine better than an King Arms m4?

7. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    well personaly i dont know that much about the CM or the king arms, but i know both are good brands and you probably couldnt go wrong with any of them ?

8. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    ...You shouldn't really post if you can't defend your argument, a lot of people out there would say that combat machines suck.

9. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    unfortunatley you can never go by reviews on the internet so every person is different , the only way to know is to really see the gun in question being used in a skirmish , but fair point all the same mate

10. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

King arms is miles ahead of G&G CM's.

11. sidekick

sidekick New Member

I have a CM and it's so good I got loads of kills with it :) you should definitely get it :)

12. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Another person to post random crap, claims without proof or without owing the gun is getting a vacation.

13. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    understood. sorry it went out of hand.

14. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Thanks shifty, my apologies for entertaining him.

OP: That long story short, King Arms is much better than CMs, not saying CMs are horrid or anything but if you have the cash then definitely go for King Arms.

15. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Thanks for all your replys, I will consider all your advises:)

In what way G&G combat machine is good? And is it made in Taiwan or having good condition?

Ermmm, is Kings Arms really that good? If yes, I will first consider Kings Arms colt m4a1.
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-colt-m4a1.html

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  16. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    If you are the last person to post in the thread and then want to post again, just edit your last post. Do not multi-post or bump the thread in less than 72 hours without response.

17. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    unfortunatley i cant tell you that much about the CM because i dont own one, but my friend likes the combat machine very much and hes had it for a full year now and its working fine. just search the combat machine range and do a bit of research :)

18. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Ok sure, I will do some research and compare with Kings Arms:)

19. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    I don't know if CM is changing the GB or if ASGI is just throwing some parts in. The gearbox is getting some improvements such as steel bushings, reinforced gearset, rumored to have improved wiring. Since these haven't been released to the public as far as I know I can't add more then that.

The biggest problem I had with CM was horrid motors, wiring, and those nasty brass bushings. Guess time will tell if the new CMs are that good.

I don't trust KAs after I had their FAL fall apart in my hands.

20. Marathon-man

Marathon-man New Member

Dublin
    sometimes its luck of the draw buying a gun , me and my friend both bought aimtop m4's. mine worked perfect but my friends one had CONSTANT problems with it.