How to choose a sniper rifle and get proper help with it

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Shiftyshooter, May 25, 2011.

1. arizona_airsofter

arizona_airsofter New Member

Should I get the well mb4411 or the well L96

2. COASTsniper1

COASTsniper1 Active Member

I actually was able to handle the MB4411 at the last game I played. Externally, the gun is impressive. Looks awesome, and feels very solid. Very smooth bolt pull, and the trigger pull is SUPER light. I've never handled a zero trigger before, but I expect that one feels similar to the trigger of the 4411. The bolt is similar to a VSR bolt, but the trigger doesn't look much like it. It's curved different. The hop up is different. It's a wheel on the bottom of the gun. I shot my .30s through this gun, and even with the hop all the way down, the shots were still over hopping by quite a bit. I'm not sure if that is with this particular rifle or all of them. If it's with all of them, over .30 will be required. Overall, it's a pretty sweet rifle, but I'm not sure about compatibility. If I had to guess, the hop up and the trigger may not be compatible with the VSR, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd check out reviews and retailers for compatibility information.
    If you want to have a rifle that is (definitely) easily upgradable, I'd go with the L96.
    But always be sure to check out reviews before purchasing a gun.

I'll see you in the crosshairs.
    Luke 1:37

3. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 New Member

Athens Greece
    So my situation. Because I live in Greece and there arent many quality sniper rifles here, mostly Well, snow wolf etc. I found a few online shops in Europe(cant buy from outside Eu because i might have problems with customs) which again didnt have many sniper rifles or at least quality ones. I found airsoftshop.be which has a few good sniper rifles i could order.
    I intend to get a sniper rifle, enjoy it a little in it's stock condition and later upgrade it with better quality parts probably from some big international airsoft stores.

Three sniper Rifles choices i have

1)L96AWS by Tokyo Marui

2)VSR-10 G-SPEC by Tokyo Marui

3)Blaser R93 LRS1 Sniper by King arms

1)Actually found this in a Greek store for 310 Euro. I know it is tokyo marui so i expect quality internals and pretty good stock range but what i mostly like about this gun is it's metal magazine system, something that i believe is major since you can upgrade most parts in snipers but not in such a way. Also the hop up adjuster is pretty cool and easy to use

2) I hear that the VSR-10 series is still top in consistent accuracy and range, something i really want for a sniper to have. The looks are ok, a little bland tbh but i know it is a quality rifle. Again it costs 310 euro. I dont know if it is better or the same as the L96 version

3) This i really really love the looks tbh, and it is around 250 Euro. I dont know if it is anywhere near the other 2 in stock range and accuracy though and i am worried about how easy it would be to upgrade such a rifle.

What i would like in a sniper is for started to have average to good range/accuracy. Mostly so i can enjoy it in stock condition for some time before starting upgrading everything inside.
    2nd and more important, it is it's upgradability, are there many parts i could use, are they available or dont get produced anymore etc

Also I would like to ask, what site do you use to order sniper rifle parts? One that has good descriptions so you wont buy something incompatible and that it has quality products. I hear PDI is pretty good and considering i realized that range and accuracy are heavily based off the hop up unit i really intend to spend a lot on upgrading it

So which one of the three do you suggest?

4. COASTsniper1

Thoughts in bold :).

I'll see you in the crosshairs.
    Luke 1:37

5. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    the rifle is only an extension of the sniper itself, if you want to be a good sniper work on the basic skills, like stalking, camouflage, concealment...

and asking which sniper rifle is good or better is like asking which candy bar taste better, its your preference, what is your style of snyping... me personally im a fan of the bolt action snipers and i wanted something that was easy to upgrade and not really expensive and because of it i have 2 now... i got the M28 and the A&K SVD, and both are really good not expensive the SVD upgrades though i went out of country to get. i had to buy from Czech.

if you want tips on painting or learning how to conceal your gun as well, i dont mind helping

Sniping is a trade if you don't have the patients to research the guns your looking at, you wont have patients to stay in one spot and not move and watch for the right targets...

6. TylerHHAT

TylerHHAT New Member

Hey guys i have been looking and reasearching for hours on snipers and have come to an impass.i have heard good things about the jg bar10 and that it is very upgradeable.is it? Also i have either a matrix mb07 or well mb07 already that i got when i just started playing.(i threw away the box lol) are either of these guns upgradeable or should i get the jg as a platform.

7. BearGames

BearGames Member

San Jose
    I don't know about the Well and Matrix gun, but the JG bar 10 is highly upgradable and easy to mod even for beginners.

8. TylerHHAT

TylerHHAT New Member

Thanks.do u know of a site i can get it for a lower price?

9. BearGames

BearGames Member

San Jose
    I think airsplat or evike are good places to buy it.

10. viper1982

viper1982 New Member

vernal
    Anyone know what compatible parts will fit a S.A. M6

11. Topper

Topper Resident Donkey Supporting Member

New Orleans
    Bingboy likes this.
  12. darkcider

darkcider New Member

Well...the best gun is the Tokyo marui gspec vsr10. You would have to give it upgrades however. The speed out of box is 280 fps so get a 30$ m150 spring, then get a new piston then add a tight inner barrel. I'd suggest a 6.01 or a 6.02 (tighter barrels slow the gun down a tiny bit but add heaps of accuracy.) if you don't believe how good he gun is, check out noveritch air soft scope cams....or bodgeups.

13. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Except your trigger would explode after a single shot. Not to mention the JG-bar 10 is identical and cheaper with a better spring out of the box. You would still need to upgrade the trigger but you would not need to buy another spring. Also tighter barrels are not better either.... 6.03 by pdi would be your best bet.

You also do not lose fps by using a TBB. You would gain FPS.

14. BenTheBarre

BenTheBarre Member

Spokane
    Wut. Tighter bores do NOT slow down the fps of a gun. In most cases, they will increase the fps slightly because less air will be lost when expelling the BB. They also *can* cause a decrease in accuracy if the inner bore quality is poor, because the BB will have a better chance of nicking the inner wall of the barrel, and therefore throwing the backspin off.

15. Maddad

Maddad New Member

Medicine Hat
    I've got a clone of the TM VSR10 made by C-TAC it's upgraded right out of the box 450fps. Works great! But to upgrade I was reading that upgrade parts like Angle Zero triggers work and don't work or need modification to work. So I was wondering if anyone has done any upgrading of a C-Tac VSR 10? And how the upgraded parts fit?

16. kyip

kyip New Member

I was thinking of buying a UTG MK96 sniper rifle. Is this a good gun to get started in sniping?

17. COASTsniper1

Yup. With just a few mods and metal trigger box, you can have a pretty solid rifle. You will definitely want upgrades though.

18. kyip

kyip New Member

What would be the most important upgrades to make first?

19. COASTsniper1

I've typed out huge lists on what to do before, but I'm tired, so I won't do it this time :D.
    You generally want to start with the barrel or hop up and work your way back, but if your stock trigger box is plastic, you'll want to upgrade to a metal one. The stock Sears should be alright with the stock spring for a while, but if the spring gets upgraded, new Sears will be needed.
    I would search the forums for upgrade guides. Also, check out airsoft sniper forums. Those are LOADED with all kinds of information, mods, instructionals, etc...

20. willswag

willswag New Member

I would get a vsr10 or a knock off and if you a the money a wolverine bolt is worth it