How to deal with CHEATERS

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by BlackJack, Nov 14, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I searched the forums concerning this topic, but didn’t find anything that fit this topic exactly. The other posts typically emphasized how annoying it is when people don’t call hits.

Even back in the 90’s, when I was first introduced to airsoft, we had problems with “zombies” and other types of cheaters. It was frustrating then, and it’s frustrating now.

I’ve read comments on what many of you guys would like to do with cheaters (I recall someone mentioning the use of a cheater beater or lead pipe), but I would truly like to know how you guys really deal with Cheaters. Thoughts? Ideas? Examples? Oh... and feel free to vent a little.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder Active Member

Lexington
    I keep shooting them. If they don't call it, I don't let it bother me. Only reason I stop shooting them is if someone else comes up, or they call it.

If it gets bad enough, and we an identify the person behind the facemask, they are usually booted from the field.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    the only course of action is to shoot them until they call their hits, not call their hits for them and if after numerous hits they still dont call it, bring it up to a ref.
    The ref *should* watch that specific player without bringing it to the players attention to see if they are in deed not calling hits.
    Some fields local to me the refs carry a gun and if they see a player not call a hit, they will then shoot them with their gun and if they dont call that hit they are out for the game (or next game if close to game over).
    if they are caught again they are kicked for the day or longer and their name and picture gets put up online for all to see. it doesnt pay to cheat around here.
    In the end it is a game and all games have cheaters. Some get caught others dont... Be mature and deal with it as an adult and not a child by crying about it. bring it up and let it go.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I have a tendency to shoot cheaters in the face if I see that they are not calling their hits. I kind of feel bad, but not really. I like the idea of a ref carrying a gun and shooting the cheater.

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Don't feel bad. They're asked for it by not calling their hits.

6. masterpro72

masterpro72 New Member

Sometimes you can't really be 100% sure that you hit someone. What I do is just call my own hits and leave the day knowing If you cheat to win, then you really just lost. I've hit people hundreds of times and they didn't call the're hits so they turned around and shot me and I called my hit. Nowadays, people that I play with call there hits. If you call your hits, they will learn to as well.

7. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I know that some Arenas and Playing Fields try to have descent respawn rates, which somewhat helps with this issue as well. This will not always work with some players. They just refuse to be a sport. That’s when you have to go for several well placed head-shots, cause we all know that’s the only way to kill a zombie.

8. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    As soon as I notice that someones being a d1ck, I keep an eye throughout the games on their position and make it my mission to sneak up as close as possible to shoot them in the face or neck, on auto. I make sure it's a nice long burst too, advantage of having a fairly high speed gun :D

My field also has like a name and shame kind of protocol, at the end of games, those not taking hits will get warned in front of everyone. I'd be pretty embarrassed!

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    So what your saying is if someone is being a D!ck you decide that you will start being a D!ick as well ? That makes for a fun day...

If someone isn't calling hits the best solution is to talk to a ref / field owner. Usually they will follow said person around and if they see them cheating they will usually make them sit a round or 2 or just tell them to go home. Airsoft is based on an honor system and field owners know this and generally dont take kindly to cheaters.

Personally I just find it annoying but I would never intentially shoot someone in the face or neck or go out of my way to make it my mission to find them and shoot them at a close distance on full auto.

10. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I pay money to participate in these games, just like everyone else. If my experience, as well as others is being compromised, I'll shoot em where it'll make them call it. If you can't take a plastic bb hitting your protected body parts, then don't play. Wouldn't do it yourself? Good for you. It's my way of dealing with cheaters.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

That's great, bro. Thank you for being a good role model for younger players. I'm sure that's a good thing for them to be following, I'd want them to do that to. How about you actually go tell a ref about it? Don't even get me started on how dangerous that is........ By the way, I think I saw you arguing with someone on YouTube, assuming your username here and there are the same.

Anyways, 703 hit it on the spot. The game is an honor system, like he said. We rely on each other to keep the game fun, fair, and safe. Now if someone like you doesn't follow that, it ruins the game. Because if that's a younger or newer player, guess what they're going to try to do? They're going to try and do the same thing for no reason.

Edit: Your " way " of dealing with cheaters is what is bad for the game. I'm sure a good talk with a ref, and a ban threat from the field owner will do just fine.

12. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    703 has a point. While I have never full autoed or head-shot anyone point blank, I have intentionally aimed at their noggins. I should be the better sport. 703, I'll do my best to be a gentleman out there. Thanks for the well needed chastisement.

13. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i've been accused of not calling my hits... i LoL'd and so did the regulars... newbies think i'm a cheater because they can't believe they missed me at 300 feet while my bb's were zipping by their heads.

also in cqb, i run pass through a door way at full speed and they think their panick shot hits me... LoL

14. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    I understand what you are saying here. I just get frustrated with the blatant cheaters out there. Example… two months ago I was on a field where three guys would not call their hits. It was obvious that they were being hit multiple times because they were flinching at almost every hit. I even saw one of them rubbing his arm where he had been hit. These are the guys that I’m talking about. It’s just annoying, that’s all.

15. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Columbus
    At public fields.. Just keep shooting or report 'em.... let the refs deal with it, blow it off, etc...
    At our private fields.. *russian accent* pooneeshment ez mooch werz.
    We take the player that was CONFIRMED cheating (need at least 3 recommendations). then Every player there gets 30 rounds for each of their guns, and target practice initiates. we've never had people cheat after their first firing squad. By the way, they can't wear their plate carriers. Body shots only, no limbs or face. Or they can simply choose to be kicked out of the place.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  16. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    keep shooting them, it's fun.

17. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

Get a slightly overpowered pistol, buy .30's or up. Hit them in the least padded area, thats my best thoughts on it.

18. soviet

soviet Active Member

At the last battle I was at there was someone with a L96. He wasn't calling his hits at 25Ft. Two ppl were hitting him. So I resulted in switching to my .25 gram clip. Aimed towards his arm or area where there's no protection. They call there hits fast.

19. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    *quietly*People... And mags... Not clip.*quietly*

I basically just shoot 'em till they call their hit. I have an interesting story about that.

20. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Lol I find it funny how I'm being vilified for shooting cheaters where it'd get them to feel it. Our field limits are 360, which is your CQB limits in the U.S. Point blank would be quite difficult to get to in a open field environment, so even from the closest distance, I highly doubt it's even gona break skin let alone draw blood. Telling a ref is the obvious thing to do and it is something I would do.

I know I represent the sport well, and I know what I do for the growth of the sport in my local community. Don't make me laugh with all these assumptions and self right righteous shizz like I'm some predator fakin **** up for people.

Phillies2608: Since your going to bring up youtube as a way to further question my character, why don't you finish the story off on what you really want to imply?