How to go to first game alone?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Jelly, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Hi, so this August will be my first game going alone, and I'm wondering what should I do. This is my first time going to Area 48 in a while, and I'm wondering what to do, since no one knows me!

2. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Uh, maybe , uh, play the game by the rules as set forth. :D

Seriously, be yourself, have fun, and don't be the guy everyone wants to pommel.

By the way, clear your inbox, Archer's trying to contact you through PM.

Almost forgot, bring your gun and plenty of ammo, eye protection, too. :)

3. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Tell him I just cleared my inbox.

Any other advice?

How would I carry my gear on and off the field? I normally just make my friends carry it for me because I'm a lazy a-hole ^_^

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. Evan_W

Evan_W New Member

Los Angeles
    Don't be afraid to talk to people. No point in sitting in the corner in between games, go up and have a conversation

5. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Hm, thanks for the info! Anyone care to answer my other questions :confused:?

6. BoogerMc

Akron
    If you mean guns and equipment, wear your gear, vests, etc. Keep your guns in a carry bag or case. AND don't be yourself if you're normally an @$$hole, as you say.

If you're not 100% sure, call the field, ask them if they have any particular rules or suggestions, better to know ahead of time than to get there and get banned for lack of knowledge.

7. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Alright, thanks! What I do in game? Like, do I find a group or just ride solo?

8. BoogerMc

Akron
    That will depend on the field and the game.

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If someone gives you an order, like "cover me" or "flank their right", just follow orders, then you'll gain favor with the leader types, and that's a good thing. If there are no clear leader types, maybe try and take leadership, but don't be bossy. Just try and contribute to the game the best you can.

In between rounds asking about other peoples gears or guns is a great ice breaker, especially if they have a highly modified gun. Everyone likes to talk about their gun, I know I do, hehe. I would ask about your gear too if you struck up a convo like that with me. if you wanna break the ice with me, just talk about internals, I love tech talk, and so do many other airsofters too. :D

10. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Thanks for the info! I have a little accent, as I was raised speaking another language. I hope that doesn't affect people's view of me and hope I don't meet any racists! :D:D

11. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

Be social, be cool, and contribute to your team as best you can. You can definitely lone wolf it and inflict a lot of damage by yourself at a CQB venue. The bigger impact you have, the more people will ask if you want to roll with them.

12. q2dm1

q2dm1 New Member

Saint-Petersburg
    +1

probably there you will find the future team so don't hesitate to tell that you the beginner)))
    from us such people with hands and feet are taken away by teams =)))

13. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I'm already a leader of a team.

14. JTFox

JTFox New Member

I recently went to play with another team other than my own. Im a CO of my team. (we have no "leader" just two COs who organize everything)
    I had one contact with the other team of 20, and he was the leader, so talking to him was hard because he was organizing everything and preparing the game.

I was forced to start conversation with other players, thou i was getting weird looks. Everyone was wondering who i was.
    All i can say to break the ice is talk to everyone you can, ask about other peoples guns, gear, and style of play.

After the first couple games, they noticed me and my skill level, then wanted to start conversation. Before you knew it we were all great friends! Now their team and my team are playing joint games.
    What im trying to say is dont be shy, play hard, get noticed, and make friends!

15. M240BravoRomeo

M240BravoRomeo New Member

Anthem
    You have an accent? Wow I couldn't tell... I couldn't even hear it :D

16. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    [​IMG]

wat.

17. fradd

fradd New Member

Bring an LPEG with all the flashlights and crap it came with and run .28s through it.

18. Dillon831

Dillon831 New Member

Santa Cruz
    Jelly,

I'm going to the Area 48 terrorist hunt this Saturday, and I'm going to the game on the 11th as well. I'm going with some friends on those days. If you go on those days maybe we should all meet up and play a few games.

19. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I don't own any LPEGs.

20. fradd

fradd New Member

Umm, I wouldn't try hunting terrorists with airsoft guns, if I were you.