How to loose weight

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by pancakemix56, Nov 10, 2012.

1. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    My weight loss guide.

Okay so first off, let my give you some background information about myself . I was 214 lbs 4 months ago and now am 186, so I'm not this super god, but I know how it is to be fat.

That being said, let's get started.

The simplicity of losing weight is often overestimated.

You don't need some gym membership, you don't need to join some diet program, you don't need even a pair of weights.

All you need to know is diet, and exercise. Now yes, that sounds simple but there are many, possibly thousands of things that can help.
    I'm going to list a few that have worked for me.

1) you need some sort of motivation, wether its a girl (or boy), a sports team you want to make, or anything.
    Use this as motivation. It really helps!

2) STOP MAKING EXCUSES! I did this so many times. You don't need some fancy dandy gym membership. Just do situps. Here's my current workout routine

3 sets of the following:

10 pushups (if you can't do one, do girl ones, again, no excuses!)

15 situps
    15 side situps (to the left)
    15 side situps (to the right)

Also, when eating, only eat bad when you need to. People seem to blame mcDonalds for their food and it's health. Almost every restaurant has food as bad as McDonald's. But when you go to McDonald's, get a salad w/o dressing. It's 10x better than that big Mac that "you need to get because your at McDonald's"

3) Know what you're eating.

A lot of times I didn't know what I was eating. I downloaded the free iPhone app "lose it" and it really helps me limit my calories.

4) make substitutions

Every Friday night my dad and I had pizza. It was our thing. I used my app and noticed pizza was awful for me. I knew it was bad but I was eating 1800 calories of pizza. Instead now, on Fridays we get subway. My sub is 600 calories and very good.

5) Tell people

Once you tell your mom/dad/friend that you want to lose weight and you're serious about it:

1) they can help

2) you feel a sense of commitment once you tell people.

6) weigh yourself... Constantly

It feels so good to know when you are losing weight and if you don't weigh yourself, you'll never know.

7) think of a list of "bad" things.

Now when I am tempted to eat something bad, it's almost a battleground inside my brain. I need to fight that urge to indulge and I think of my motivators (the girl I like) but I also think about the bad things, being fat, not making my schools baseball team, my blood pressure, my cholesterol. And it helps me win this battle in my head.

There are many more I could list, but if you guys have any, please comment them!

Thanks for reading and I hope I helped at least 1 person :)

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    So, no pancakes anymore??

3. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    I lost 26 lbs last year by cutting out junk food and pop.

4. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    Haha. Yeah, I rarely ate pancakes before; it was just a joke. And yeah most people can't just say no to junk food overnight. I'm blessed to not be able to drink soda. The bubbles, I hate them. I can't drink anything bubbly, sounds wimpy, but I'd be at least 20 lbs heavier if I drank carbonated beverages.

5. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I was fat as a kid. It sucked. Then I discovered sports, and puberty hit in my early teens. So, now I'm a lean, mean fighting machine.

6. soviet

soviet New Member

Well I've never been over weight, but on my moms side I have a cousins who's very over weight.

My two cents.

Instead of snaking the whole day. Eat three good sized and healthy meals a day. I'm bad about eating breakfast.

7. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Im pretty big myself,so i am trying to only drink one can of pop a day uses to drink two,And im trying to cut out junk food.

8. soviet

soviet New Member

Well I've been drinking juice instead of any soda, and only try to eat junk food on holidays and Saturdays :p

9. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Juice can be just as bad. If you do brink it it has to be no sugar added.

10. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    I might try drinking juice but i love carbonated stuff,But im the bright side walmart sells flavored water that is carbonated,and there 1lt is 68 cents i might drink those instead.(There 0 calories aswell)!

11. soviet

soviet New Member

We have a juicer. That's what I use. If not V8.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Puberty just hit me so now I've, very recently, started to work out. I'm not getting on the weights just yet though. Here's what I do.

- set of 30 pushups
    - set of 15 pushups
    - set of 10 pushups
    - set of 12 pull ups
    - set of 8 pull ups
    - set of 50 sit ups
    - set of 50 sit ups

Now I'll tell you a little about my running history. Until 5 months ago I had issues with running. I couldn't sprint faster than someone's fast jog. Also, I had a limp when I would run. Last year during school, I ran an 8:53 mile. But recently I've been able to sprint faster than most people. The limp is nonexistent. Also for school ( about a month ago ) I ran a 7:06 mile. Once it gets warmer ( march ) I'm going to take up jogging with my friend.

Edit: As for my diet, I don't eat super healthy, but I have so many food allergies so I couldn't care less. :p

13. soviet

soviet New Member

I might try running on the treadmill. Weights.. I wish I had some. I result in lifting my AKS-74U in one hand and my sten gun in the other.

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I have the equipment lol.

ForumRunner_20121111_155853.jpg

Edit: Sorry for crappy phone picture. That's a tredmil on the left.

15. soviet

soviet New Member

Lucky... So running going to be popular. Now where I live I can't do much running on roads. I can let our little dog out of his shock collar. Then well... He runs like hell.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yeah my dog only stops to check if your still chasing him. All of that stuff is from my dad. He is a big weight litter, but joined a gym 2 years ago. He sold some stuff but left that for me I guess.

17. soviet

soviet New Member

Lol, our dog only stops to claim territory. Are treadmills decent. Fan stopped working.

Another tip.

Get in a routine, and do instead of whenever.

18. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Wish there was a thread for gaining weight ;)

19. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I never said whenever. I want to build some strength up first.

Down there we have the two bench presses ( I just, don't really like them, although I haven't used them in 2-3 years ) I have some dumb bells, a curl bar and the machine on the left.

20. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I lost 10 pounds from playing Xbox and pooping with 2 meals a day. I think I'm gonna stick with this.