How to send an airsoft gun?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TheCollector, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCollector

TheCollector New Member

I know this isn't a gun sale, but it has to do with the selling processes.

Hi guys! I'm in interest to sell an airsoft sniper rifle! But I want to make sure I know how I'm supposed to seek the gun off here. I know that the people interested are to PM me but how am I going to get the gun to them. Send it? Local pick-up? If I send it..it will be an extra $30-$50 depending on the area. But to seek the gun, picking up would have to be local people (not many airsofters in Washington state lol). Anyway...I could use some help. THX GUYS!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. mikejosephman

mikejosephman Moderator Alligator Staff Member Moderator

Medieval England
    Ok man, well this ain't the place to post these questions.

Go to the staging area.

3. TheCollector

TheCollector New Member

Hahaha wow! Thx for the help man

Can anyone ACTUALLY help me with this please? Not someone with a smart remark.

Btw shamalama...the staging area is bunch of weird random questions that have NO meaning to airsoft sooo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2015
  4. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    Number 1: Shamalama knows what he's talking about. If you haven't noticed, he has been on this forum way longer than you and me COMBINED, so it would be smart not to argue and just post where he tells you to post. He knows what I he is talking about...

Number 2: Of course it's going to cost a bit of money to ship the gun. It's your decision whether or not you want to meet F2F or ship the gun to the buyer. If you are going to ship the gun, just use a large enough box, wrap the gun carefully in bubble wrap or foam, and seal up the box with masking tape and brown paper. Yes it is going to cost a lot but that's all part of the selling process. I find UPS ground to be the cheapest option when shipping rifles or really anything between 5-15 pounds. If you own the original box to the sniper rifle, that would make things much easier.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Relax gents... No need to get feathers ruffled and such.

OP, shipping and handling is totally on you.
    Of course if someone is close, you can do a face to face transaction.
    But if not, well then you're going to have to either arrange for one of you to take a really long drive OR simply ship it. There are multiple shipping options, and ultimately the method is totally up to you.
    Shipping costs can be handled a variety of ways, but the main methods you'll see are:
    1. "Shipping Included" or Free shipping - Where the amount for shipping is really included with the price of the item as one single number.

2. Additional shipping charge - Where the item(s) being sold has a price, but on top of that there's a surcharge for shipping. Typically this is discussed and agreed upon BEFORE the initial funds are sent.

Now of course you're likely not gonna know the exact price for shipping. With that in mind there are shipping calculators on the websites of many shipping companies. Along side that, most shipping companies have Flat Rate Shipping boxes. In short, put whatever you want in Flax Rate Box A and shipping is one simple price (as long as you don't exceed the weight limit; typically 30 pounds). Many sellers use this method for simple gear and such.
    For rifles, well unless you can disassemble them into a small package, you likely won't be able to take advantage of the Flat Rate boxes, for that, you'll have to use the Shipping Calculator.
    Again, you can ship ANY method, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Le'Roy's Pink Truck Service, ANYTHING, as long as it gets to the buyer and you trust the service.

Some optional things are tracking numbers. I highly advise them, but again it's just an advisement.

But if you're asking for a standard price.
    A pistol is generally $5-8 for UPS Flate Rate Shipping. I believe FedEx/UPS are about $12 via Standard Fees.
    Rifles are generally $15-$22 due to their odd size.
    Heavy support weapons can be $20-$30 depending on weight.

You can ship the guns in the original boxes they came in and are sold it, just get some brown paper and cover the markings to remove any unwanted attention from them.

6. mikejosephman

mikejosephman Moderator Alligator Staff Member Moderator

Medieval England
    I really like the attitude.

Buster offered some good advice, and also moved your thread to it's proper place.

From someone who has shipped a forgotten number of rifles, pistols, smgs, gear, accessories,
    yeah I'd know a hell of a lot how to mail the cheapest most practical way.

But anyway, have fun ignoring the suggestions and waste money.

7. TheCollector

TheCollector New Member

But you didn't give me any advice of how to sell/send my gun. Lol.

8. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    Look up... There's plenty of help provided by me and Buster.
    Oh and also... Don't be a **** next time to Shamalama.

9. TheCollector

TheCollector New Member

I'm not going to be a door matt...if I think that he started off the tone of this conversation (which he did), then I'm not going to not say anything.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Gentlemen, drop it. OP, this is the internet, someone will ALWAYS say something that gets under your skin, annoys you, or simply insults you. Simply be mature and ignore it. If it's truly offensive report ([​IMG]) it and move on with your life.

That being said, I'm going to close this thread as it appears your question has been answered. If you'd like me to re-open because you need further insight or advice, simply report this post and request a member of the staff re-open it for you.

-CLOSED--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.