How to stop shooting left.

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Plastictree, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Plastictree

Plastictree New Member

My dark dragon is shooting slightly left, about a foot left at 50 feet. Idk what's causing it

2. Napple

Napple New Member

The problem is that the hop up nub is not centered in the chamber and is spinning the bb up and to the left. Center it and you'l be fine

3. Plastictree

Plastictree New Member

[​IMG]

I notice the seem doesn't completely meet and maybe its forcing the barrel ever so slightly left or something. The hopup unit seems very centered. I'll hace to test it out tomorow. One of the screws are also stripped to hell and can't tighten down all the way. Kinda don't like this unit, any cheaper good ones out there? for a hi-capa

4. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

The hop up unit itself is always centered in the gun. He was referring to the nub inside the hop up unit. There is no easy way to see the nub without taking apart the hop up unit.

Also, I've been told the Prometheus hop up unit is excellent, however it is not cheap like you are looking for. If you wanted to go cheap I would try echo 1 or G&G or G&P. They all seem to make middle of the line hop up units. And they should be more in your price range. I'll just warn you against DBoy and AGM hop up units. They are not very well made and seem to be tighter than average hop up units which tend to be a bad thing when trying to replace the bucking.

Speaking of buckings, that is what you are referring to when you say that the rubber piece isn't lined up with the hop up unit. It could move your barrel in the wrong direction but I suspect the nub to be the problem. Although you should fix your bucking too.

5. Plastictree

Plastictree New Member

This is a WE Dark Dragon hi capa 5.1 GBB, not an aeg. The only hop up units I can find are either replacements or 50 dollar awesome ones

6. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Oh. My fault. I thought you were referring to AEGs. Well never mind then. Carry on my good sir!

7. FSTK

FSTK Member

KaMaLloZzI is basically right.

Pistols don't have nubs the same way AEGs do but the idea is still the same. If the bbs are curving left consistently, check to make sure the bucking is centered and that the spacer is centered as well and not bent. Wouldn't hurt to check the bucking isn't dirty.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  8. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    use silicone tape to keep the chamber tight, no need to buy a new one.